1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all Sivasankari fans...

Discussion in 'Books & Authors in Regional Languages' started by iswaryadevi, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ravishobha

ravishobha Gold IL'ite

I also like Sivasnakari's novel especially Palangal.
    Here you can find more novels of hers uploaded.

my favorite sivasankari

Shoba

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ravishoba,

Thank you so much for sharing the link :)

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ice dear I have also read Sivasankari novels many years back when I used to read all tamil magazines and novels. But after retirement I stopped reading them.

4. iswaryadevi

Thank you Viji ma for stepping in :) Hoping you would restart your reading habbit :thumbsup

5. Nemo123

Nemo123 Gold IL'ite

I completely agree with the above. I am also an ardent fan of Sivasankari. My favourite books of hers are :

(1) Nandu (I remember I had 2 sleepless nights after reading this novel)
    (2) Karunai Kolai (A very touching stroy)
    (3) Etharkaga (Again a very touching story that gave me a big impact)
    (4) Poi (This is very good story close to my heart)
    (5) Amma Please enakkaga (About a mothers upbringing)
    (6) Sutta Mann (I read this more than twice)
    (7) Naan Naanaga

I have to say that Sivasankari's mam's novels always create an impact within you.

Well, that is the power of her writing. I juts love her writings.

6. kannika

kannika New IL'ite

hi,

I was addicted to ramanichandran kinda novels during my college days. It makes us to daydream and the reality of life was hardly known. But as a mother of two, i feel i should have got better books. my mom is an ardent fan of sivasankari. just now i have started reading her novels. my God.....she brings the emotions so beautifully into the book.... and the flow is never missing. Her heroines are better brained, independent and they have good self confidence. Maybe...in a few years i will ask my daughter to read such books....

7. iswaryadevi

Oops! Sorry Nemo for the late reply, somehow missed it. Thanks for dropping in :)

8. iswaryadevi

Hi Kannika,

I agree with you. RC novels, though incredibly sweet lacks reality. Yet we cannot compare the two authors, they are entirely different and each excel in their own way. Thanks for dropping in :)

9. skirubas

skirubas Gold IL'ite

hi ice
    such a nice thread pa
    i am ms.sivasankari's fan from my teen age. the first novel i read was yedharkkaaga
    it really happened to the author's chiththi, once she has said. she conveys some message in her stories.
    all her stories are educative , makes us learn something from it. romance would be a part of the story but not fully romantic
    and hence i love her because in real life too our lives are not fully romantic
    romance is a part of our life
    she writes different stories and justifies the title
    she researches about the subject she takes and then only writes
    see the story oru manidhanin kadhai
    she describes all the situations happen in a family with a drunkard husband
    i daily meet people with this problem in the family[all my domestic helps suffer this ]
    and i'll try to educate them about ms.shanthi ranganathan and her de addiction centre which i came to know only because of ms.sivasankari
    i know a few people who have come out of this addiction by the selfless service of ms.shanthi ranganathan and live happily now
    tragedy, loss are also part of life, isn't it?
    i am searching for yedharkaaga, thiriveni sangamam, nadhiyin vaegaththodu, sutta mann, avan , oru singam muyalaagiradhu etc vigorously and hope i'll buy them and upload
    and i don't understand why ms.sivasankari should write like rc or vice versa
    i am really happy to say something in this thread ice
    and i feel proud to upload ms.sivasankari's novels, so as to enable the next generation to get a chance to read these precious books and the old people to read them again and enjoy
    thanks again
    skirubas

1 person likes this.
  10. iswaryadevi

Dear skirubas,

Sorry for the late reply :hide:

I can see what a huge Sivasankri fan you must be from your summary...And yes, I agree with you, she need not write like RC or other romance novel writers. She has her own unique style that I just love. I have been searching for her novel Edhatrkaaga for a long time. It will be of great help if you could share a link where I can download it. I personally do not like reading online novels, as they dont give me the satisfaction of reading. But I am making an exception here, as my mom told me it is a novel which one must not miss at any cost. Thanks in advance :)