1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling all mothers with babies below 1 year....

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

:welcomeNirupama and Indra....so both of you have 4 mnth old girls! Indra...what's your daughter's name? Are you working or a full-time mom? Nirupama...Aabha is a pretty name...is it short for anything? Have your babies started rolling over yet? Are you both BFing?
    Aadhu sat up today for about 10 mins all by himself :clap Great start to the week!
    How was everyone's weekend? Vanisri, Suneetha, Sridevi, Bandana and all the others who haven't posted for a while....hope you and the kids are doing ok.

TC and have a good week,

Vanathi.

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nirupama & Indra :welcome:welcome to our club. Have u guys started solids?

Tell more about ur little ones.

:wowVani glad to hear about Aadhu, it will be so nice to watch them & also they will wiggle a lot after few minutes, plz take lot of videos & photos coz in no time he will sit for longer time w/o wiggling.

Aditi is repeating whatever sound we make also she tries to repeat some words. I have one question
    When is the best time to start finger foods? coz I bought some cereal but she doesn't like it, thats y. Also how to encourage self-feeding?

Hi all, Hope u all r doing good. I think u guys r really busy.

Bye

Dhivya

3. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! Vanathi,

My daughter Aabha was born on 2nd oct,Gandhi Jayanti. Aabha means Aura,Halo,Glow. Aabha was also the name of Gandhiji's one of the two niece other being Asha who accompnied him all the time. I am totally breast feeding.Aabha was born underweight as she had put knot to umbilical cord and had wrapped it around the neck. She was 5 pounds. She has not yet started to roll over. Nice to knw that Adhu could tried to sit for sometime.
    Dhivya, not yet started with introducing solid.But will plan after 6 months as the ped here say to start after 6 months.Not sure what to do.

will write later.Aabha is crying so need to attend her.

Take care
    Nirupama.

4. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi All
    :welcomeNirupama and Indra...

preethi and I Are doing fine..

vanathi it nice to hear that Aadhu is trying yto sit...
    Lakshmi.. rishi looks cute..
    preethi is trying to crawl.. she move ahead by her tummy now..
    Vanathi wat are u feeding Aadhu now?
    preethi has rice+dal kanji..yesterday started giving carrot along with it.. she liked it..
    and evening she has plain rice kanji ..
    i m planning to feed her in afternoon.. shld i start with rice kanji+apple.. or any thg else..
    wen shld i start cows milks?
    wat u gals feel..
    pls suggest

TC Bye

5. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hiya,

How is everyone doing? How are the babes?

Dhivya...I'm taking lots of pics like you said. One of them is at the end of this post! Re:finger foods, you are supposed to start them around 9 mnths when baby develops a pincer grasp ie. can pick up small objects between thumb and fore-finger. I hope mums with older kids will tell us how to encourage self-feeding.

Nirupama...lovely name..lovely meaning! How is her weight now? You should probably go by your pedi's advice for starting solids. I started after Aadhu completed 4 mnths. Here's a link to help you decide Is Baby Ready for Solid Food? Signs of being ready for solid foods at wholesomebabyfood.com

C S Lakshmi...fantastic that Preethi can already move...Aadhu just tries and tries and gets absolutely nowhere! At present I give him:
    Breakfast : Ragi kanji
    Lunch : Rice/dal/veggie - potato/carrot/beetroot - mashed with a little ghee and salt added.
    Dinner : Fruit with curd made very smooth in the mixie - cooked apple/cooked pear/banana/papaya.
    I'm going to continue this for another month and start rasam/keerai/idli in March. He also gets BF 6 -7 times a day. Cow's milk is only recommended as a drink after 1 yr. You can add small quantities to fruit etc. even now.

Vanathi.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  6. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Nirupama I started Solids for Aditi from 4months so do check the site that Vani gave.

Vani :wowAadhu looks soooooooo cute& sitting really pretty. Aditi was keep smiling & talking something when she saw his photo and when I clicked "Post reply" she couldn't see the photo & became sad.

Also, she love Lakshmi's Avatar & always smiles. Lakshmi, Glad to know that Preethi is crawling, will keep u busy busy. As Vani said only after a 1yr we can give Cow's milk.

Vani, I read in some magazine that after 9 months we can give yogurt-smoothie, What do u think? Anyways I have well baby visit on Monday & I have a list of Questions to ask incl.this one

Whenever I lie down Aditi to change the diaper she pushes herself sits (its so cute to watch) but very difficult to change the diaper.

I tried some finger foods(Cereal puffs which will melt in the mouth) but she hates it, so I am planning to wait for sometime.

Ok gals. Hi to everyone else. She is sleeping so I will go & do some work.

Bye for now
    Dhivya

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

8. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi and Dhivya. Well ,Aabha was 10 pounds when we had docs visit last month.how much wt gain we can expect in baby every month? Sometimes I worry a lot with Aabhas wt though she is putting on wt. But is in 10-25th percentile growth. Doc said she is SGA baby,small for gest age.Will she look too small or will she catch up with her other peers? Vanathi being a ped what is ur opinion?
    Thanks for the link on baby foods.i will ask the ped and think over it.

Vanathi, Adhu looks very cute and is sitting comfortably.

Till then tc
    Nirupama.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  9. CSLakshmi3005

CSLakshmi3005 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    Vanathi ... Aadhu looks swweeet.. .. my kisses and hugs to him..
    thxs for sharing ur menu..
    Divya..
    yes Divya .. preethi keeps me busy.. have to be always watching her..
    kids grow up so fast:(
    it so nice to hear abt Aditi..
    Thxs for ur response.. i too love that story...couldn't stop my self from sharing..

Hi to all moms and babies

10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone. Lakshmi...what a sweet story..thank you ( and Dhivya too) so much for sharing it....made me feel so much better after the awful day I had today :)

Dhivya...should be ok abt the smoothie. I've been giving Aadhu yoghurt for the past week without any probs.

Niru...SGA babies can go both ways. That is , some just continue along their birth centile and remain slim/small kids, others have a period of catch-up growth and then follow higher centiles. Its hard to tell at this point as it depends on why the baby was SGA in the first place - genetics or some problem in utero. As long as Aabha continues to gain weight along her birth curve its fine. Dont worry and remember that although everyone likes chubby babies, chubbiness and health have no connection.( Its a bit difficult for me to follow the weight as I am used to thinking in kgs and gms, but she has doubled birth weight at 4 mnths and that is very good.) Do post a pic.

Vanathi.