cabergoline 0.25mg and very difficult in passing stool...please help me ladies !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pallavik96, Mar 21, 2013.

1. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Taking cabergoline 0.25mg once in a day before bed time but have very bad time when passing stool...have taken the tablet for four days now and very bad constipation..moreover i have external piles..it hurts and pain me like anything...Stools are completely hard and dry...What steps can i take ladies to have smooth bowel movement? please help me ladies..please

2. harikamahesh

harikamahesh Bronze IL'ite

Re: cabergoline 0.25mg and very difficult in passing stool...please help me ladies !!

Hi Pallavi,
    Im also on the same medication cabergoline 0.25mg....my prolactin level was so high with value '200' n Dr was shocked and gave me that...n additionally i had thyroid problem ....and like u i too experienced the same problem ...too much constipation.:drowning...when i visited my dr ....he told that constipation may be due to thyroid and not coz of tablets.:bowdown..since i was unable to bear constipation(My tummy was all time full...n feel like bloating) i urged him to give sum medications fr which he gave me 'pegmove' powder which should be taken daily night.:bonk..n within one week my problem was solved.....besides that i take 1 bottle of warm water daily mor in empty stomach to keeep my stmch free!!!...

N btw ru on cabergoline due to high prolactin?

1 person likes this.
  3. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Re: cabergoline 0.25mg and very difficult in passing stool...please help me ladies !!

Thanks harikamahesh for ur immediate help and reply..yes,i have high prolactin about 44 but checked TSH level,it was perfectly within the range...But after i took cabergolin tablet,passing stools have become horrible.and moreover i have external hammeroids..pains like anything...Same thing happened with me too...m not able to eat anything..most of the time my stomach is full..like bloated..And i have short of breathing too..like asthma...horrible feeling....The powder which you have mentioned where it will be available...After how many days of taking Cabergoline tablet u faced the bad constipation..i felt constipation after 2 days of taking the tablet...After taking the powder mentioned by you,how many days it will take to have smooth bowel movement again? pegmove powder will start affecting from the day i will take or is it going to take 1 week time to get correct bowel movement...Again thanks a lot for ur help and immediate reply...

4. purpledreams

purpledreams Silver IL'ite

hi pallavik

I dont know about the effect of the tabs you are taking, but for constipation do try out natural methods too. For me having ragi once in my daily diet helped very much. hope u know ragi recipes. Ragi porridge is excellent coolant too, Have it in your diet (best taken during dinner time). Apart from that have fibrous fruits(at least a portion daily) and raisins soaked overnight. I even had problem passing stools and had bleed too. Now everything ok

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks purpledreams to understand what i m going through now...Did u take cabergolin tablets..How to cook ragi..If u know it,then please tell me...How does ragi taste?

1 person likes this.
  6. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Pallavi,

Are you taking cabegolin daily ? I heard that its a powerful tablet so was just wondering why were you taking it daily. My prolactin count was around 50 when I tested for the first time and I was suggested some other tablet before cabergolin but my readings were fluctuating so my gynic changed the tablet to cabergolin and I am taking it weekly once for the past 4 months . But haven't faced any constipation issues so far.

I sense that it could be because of the dosage level. Can you have a word with your doctor on this.
    As a natural remedy for bowl movement take lots of fiber food, drink lot of water, eat banana . I hope it helps dear.

Reg: Ragi it tastes good but the color is not good :) you can search for ragi dosa or idli recipes in net .

Take care dear

1 person likes this.
  7. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks Luckwaves,
    I will definitely going to speak with my doctor regarding this.After u took the tablet once in every month,did your prolactin level reduced? As i m on ttc,i think becoz of that the doctor might have recommended to take 4 tablets continuously in a week having 2 days gap in between...but lots of constipation issue...but i will definitely speak with my doctor regarding this...Thanks again....

8. luckwaves

Hi dear,

Yes, after taking the tablet my count as dropped dear. I am taking 0.25 mg weekly once . From the past few blood reports my count is around 2.68 or 3 . My doctor says lower the better and I am continuing the tablet still and I am in TTC too.

Yes, do have a word with your doctor. After taking the tablet for a month or 2 do check your count in frequent intervals.

Take care dear

1 person likes this.
  9. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the detailed information...I am taking 0.25mg 4times in a week...Weekly once u took and it reduced to 2.68...great...Hope u hold your Baby soon...Baby dust to you....

10. luckwaves

No issues. I hope your TSH count is under control. Thanks for your wishes dear and same to you too:)

1 person likes this.