1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Bypass Surgery...Please help

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by jothi, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Jothi,
    Frontierline is THE BEST hospital for heart care, not only in Chennai but in India. Dr.Cherian is a most expereinced doctor who chose to work in India when he got many offers from other countries. I have heard that their operation theatres have a self sterilising system- the hospital is very hi tech and the success rate is high. Many people come from other countries also to get treated here. So do not worry about the hospital and pray to God to sail you fathr thro the operation smoothly.
    And we are all there with you, praying for your father.

2. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Harini, Kamla, Sunitha and Varloo,

Thankyou all so much for your wishes and prayers. I am overwhelmed by the responses that you have all given. You all have helped me a lot. Thankyou again for your ur words of encouragment and advice and above all your prayers.
    God bless you all.

Love,
    Jothi.

3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jothi,

Even though I can't give any info at this moment I heard n read in news from a lot of people that this not a major problem. But being away from your father at this time is so pain ful . I always worry about my parents n frns if they get a simple fever or cough... But I always pray God to take care of them when we r not able to meet em personally....

Like all our frns says saying is easy but we should be very brave at this time n try to calm down ur parents... Technology is improved now a days n the operation will definitely get success and u can talk to him very soon like before... I am praying for ur father every day n god will definitely takecare of him....I wish things will go very smoothly with your family and we all pray for ur father for his speed recovery...

Smile Please....
    Teja

4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Teja,

Thankyou so much for your warm wishes and prayers.
    I definintely feel the strength and prayers that you all our friends here at IL have outpoured.
    Love,
    Jothi.

5. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jothi,

Pls don't worry abt your dad's By-pass surgery. He has approached the right hospital and Dr.Cherian is the best cardiologist in Chennai and one among in India. Your Dad is definitely in safe hands of an excellent Dr. and abt cost, it is little high above other hospitals. As many of our friends have said, it could vary from 1.25 lakhs to 5 lakhs based on hospitals. These days, bye-pass surgery is quiet common and success rate is also very high.

For information purpose:-
    There are Sai baba Trust hospitals in Hosur, Bangalore and Puttabharthi where these operations are performed free of charge. There is definitely a long list of patients que and the treatment care given is worldclass. This may be helpful for others who cannot afford the high price. Usually Sai devotees undergo operations here.

With warm wishes and Prayers for Your Dad and family,
    Leela

6. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear leela,

Thanks for the information and wishes. I wanted to know more about the hospital and their success rate. Thanks again.
    I have heard about the Sai trust. They definitely do a wonderful job, for people who can't afford these kinds of expensive sugeries.

Jothi.

7. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Jothi

Its always scary that if our dearest one is having some problem.
    But donot worry abt bypass surgery, i also underwent the same situation like urs, my grand father had to undergo one and he had his surgery in Frontier, Mogappair.

Its a decent hospital where we ca rely on dcotors, they do the surgery well and also take care of patients bfr and after surgery.

I think it costs around 3 lakhs for my grandpa, i m not sure of the amount.

He recovers good but bcos of his age he complaints few minor prob, who knows it might be his psychological feeling, but docotr said nothing to worry about.

One improtant care during post operative stage is we should take care of the patient in such a way that the surgery site doesnt get infected, which is very common with surgeries.

Nothing much to worry

take care
    san

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear San,

Thankyou so much for the inforamtion that you provided.
    I will talk to my mom about the post operative care.

Jothi.

10. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Thankyou all so much for taking the time to post the encouraging and warm wishes and prayers. Means a lot to me. Appreciate all your efforts. My dads surgery is scheduled for next wednesday.

Regards,
    Jothi.