1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Diamonds in Chennai

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by rajalakshmigopal, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear IL friends,

I have a pair of diamond ear rings & nose pins bought in Tanishq.Eventhough they are famous for diamond ornaments,I am not so happy with their diamonds.I got it two years back.Diamonds are still glittering(I rarely use them though...) since they do the diamond jewellery in 18 carot gold,gold tends to loose shining and it looks like a normal imitation jewellery.Diamond's shining nature is not viewable because of 18 C gold.

could anyone of you suggest a good place to buy diamond ear rings and nose pin in chennai?

2. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Hi Rajalakshmi,
    As far as my knowledge goes, in most diamond jewelry, gold is less than20K that is because the base (gold/platinum/silver) which holds diamond should be hard. Some diamonds are even embedded in 10k gold.22 K gold is too soft to hold diamond for our normal wear and tear.
    I bought my diamond pendent 4 years back in KIAHS near Khadims, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Usman Road</st1:address></st1:Street>.
    However I buy gold in Tanishq I am happy with it, I trust diamonds too with them.
    Few of my friends buy diamonds in GRT thanga maligai, you could check it out....

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    you can buy from poppat jamal in mount road.
    with love
    pad.

4. GreenSignal

GreenSignal Junior IL'ite

Poppat Jamal for Diamonds?? Never knew. Isn't GRT, Bapalal famous for them

5. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

RG, Try Kirtilal.. have a diamond earring from them which I use quite often... even after 5 years its still the same... Like Shilpa mentioned, for Diamond jewellery, the gold carat would be less than normal gold jewellery... Also the diomond would have better shine if its set in an open mount. I got a diamond nose pin for my mom from Price Jewellery 6+ years and its shining like new...Hope this helps.

6. knsaranya

knsaranya New IL'ite

Dear IL,
    Can anyone suggest me, which stores of Tanishq in chennai has the best and largest collection of Diamond jewelries?

thank u