1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Diamond Band in US

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by spinky, Aug 22, 2007.

1. spinky

spinky New IL'ite

Hi there,

I need an advice from you ladies. I am planning to buy a diamond band for my husband's birthday. I liked this 1/4 carat 14k gold ring in the picture & got to see the same ring in Kay Jewellers as well as Jared. Kay Jewellers has this ring with Colour : IJ & Clarity : I2 with a total price of $541(including tax, warranty is included in the price), whereas Jared has this ring with color : D & Clarity : SI1 with a total price of $596 (including warranty+tax).
    Now I am confused which one to choose, as both of them have a life time warranty with cleaning service, broken replacement....My only concern is both me & my husband are consultants & move to different places. Considering this, I think Kay has more stores than Jared. So i am more reluctant to go with Kay, also I haven't heard much reviews from Jared.. CONFUSED!!!!!
    Plz can somebody suggest me!! It's urgent as his birthday is coming soon..

Attached Files:

2. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi

First of all are you completely OK with buying 14K gold... cos it means very less of gold and more of other metals... such gold is highly impure and has very less value. In India we are even skeptical in buying 18K gold leave alone 14K.

but if there are so many guarantees with the purchase then you can go ahead with anyone of these jewellers.

~Abha

3. spinky

spinky New IL'ite

Hi Abha,

Thanks for your reply. I know 14k has less quantity of gold , but I couldn't find much models here in 18k, so i am planning to go with 14k.