Burnt Chapati - Embracing Imperfection

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by karunamurty, May 10, 2010.

1. karunamurty

karunamurty Bronze IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CGANESH%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->I recd this in my mail and thought of sharing this with you all as I liked it. *****************************************************
    When I was a little girl, I could remember, my mom making breakfast and dinner for us.
    And I remember one night in particular, when she had made dinner after a long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of vegetables, salad and burned chappati in front of my dad.
    I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed'

Yet all my dad did was, to reach for his chappati, smile at mom and ask me how my day was at school.
    I don't remember what I told him that night, but, I do remember watching him smear chutney on that chappati and eat every bite.

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the chapati.
    And I'll never forget what he said.
    Baby, I love burnt chapati.
    Later that night, I went to kiss daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his chapati burnt.

He wrapped me in his arms and said Dear , your momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired, And besides, a little burnt chappati never hurt anyone .
    You know life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I am not the best housekeeper or cook. What I’ve learnt over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults and choosing to celebrate each other's difference is one of the most important keys for creating a healthy growing and lasting relationship.
    And that's my prayer for you today, that you will learn to take The good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life And lay them at the feet of God because in the end,
    He's the only One who will be able to give you a relationship.

Where burnt chappati isn't a "deal-breaker"
    We could extend this to any relationship, in fact .
    As understanding is the base of any relationship ,
    Be it a husband - wife or parent - child or even with friends.

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket, but, into your own.

2. radhusankar

radhusankar Silver IL'ite

3. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear
    You are blessed with lovely father dear.
    kantha

4. karunamurty

Dear Kanta,
    Thank you for your fb. Yes , I am blessed with wonderful parents and I thank God for it.

The above text was recd on my mail and I posted it here as I liked it very much and wanted to share it with fellow ILites. :)

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

very nice. very understanding person the father must be.

ganges

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Wow Karuna, your father is great. His simple actions have lot of wisdom and love. Thanks for sharing.

-Lakshmi

7. karunamurty

Dear Ganga
    I thought so too!:cheers

8. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very thought-provoking write up, Karuna........if the husbands were so understanding then the working wives will be more relaxed and happy person.
    Shanta

9. sandh

sandh IL Hall of Fame

hai karuna i think it is a nice story more than a joke.thanks for sharing,sandhya

10. karunamurty

I totally agree with you Shanta.:cheers