1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bundle Of Joy

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Sep 26, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot:blush: @ratan for liking it.

2. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you @peddadas :blush:
    Hope you like the next part as well.

3. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for reading and liking it @Adharv :blush:
    True that Sandy(cute nickname you have given:hearteyes:) is lucky and you will definitely get to see Alok's support in further chapters also.
    Will post the next part soon:icon_writing:

Adharv likes this.
  4. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

First of all, Thank you @GeetaKashyap for taking out time and reading the story.:blush:
    You are absolutely correct this is a very sensitive topic and I will try my best to capture the emotional journey with a positive message.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 3

“Look Alok and Sandhya… Your case is complicated. It is not that there is no hope but it will certainly be difficult.” Dr. Kothari, a reputed gynecologist of the city said after looking at the reports.

“What happened Doctor? Is something serious?” Sandhya asked worriedly.

“See Sandhya, every human body and its nature is different. What seems normal in one case, may not be easy in another’s case. In your case, we need to take help of medical science. We will go ahead step by step. I will start some medicines and we will do the check up again after 3 months.” The doctor tried to explain the situation.

Sandhya looked at Alok and he assured her with his eyes. They came back home and told their family about what the doctor has said. Everyone was upset but they give courage to Sandhya and asked her to follow Doctor’s advice.

Sandhya continued the medicines for another 6 months and they visit the doctor for regular checkups. No results are still shown. Sandhya’s sadness, Alok’s worries, Family’s tension, and People’s talks started increasing day by day. They started meeting other doctors for different opinions. Someone suggested following different forms of medical sciences. They followed all kind of medicines with hope. The intense urge to embracing parenthood made them travel different cities for different treatments but all in vain.

Two years had passed and Sandhya started feeling depressed but Alok kept Sandhya motivated and supported with all his love and care.

“I think now you should go for IVF.” Dr. Kothari said with a serious tone.

“IVF?” Alok and Sandhya looked at her astonished. Those days, this technology was not widely known. It was limited to metro cities mostly.

“Yes… it is a technology that helped many people to become parents who are not able to conceive naturally. Looking at your reports and after months of treatment, Sandhya I think you should go for this.” The doctor suggested them.

“So after this, I will become a mother?” Sandhya questioned as her eyes sparkled with hopes. After months of disappointment, she finally felt hope.

“Look Sandhya, this is something no one can give a guarantee about. But I would say, you should try and try with a positive attitude.” The doctor said convincingly.

“So when can we start this procedure?” Alok checked with Doctor.

“In our city, we still don’t have this facility. For this, you have to go to a Metro city. I can suggest you some hospitals and you can take an appointment as soon as you can.” The doctor wrote some names and also provided some cards and explained the details about the procedure to the couple.

After so many months of disappointment, Alok and Sandhya were feeling little relieved and hopeful. They came home and informed the family about the treatment and decided to go next week after taking the appointment.

They started packing and meanwhile Sushila informed everyone about the alliance which has come for Sumit. Everyone at home was happy and hopeful that these new happenings may bring something good and positive.

But everything doesn’t turn out the way one would have thought. There is always something unplanned and unseen keeps on waiting and it gets unfold at the planned time.

Adharv, peddadas, ratan and 2 others like this.
  6. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Really. Life is a mystery . Always unfold unplanned & unseen at planned time. Eagar to know what you unfold in next chapter.:sconf::shakehead:. A great relief is Alok & Sandhya's bonding:boxing:

muggs likes this.
  7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Mmm..waiting to know whats in store for them

muggs likes this.
  8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Part 4

Alok and Sandhya started the treatment. Doctor asked them to stay for a few weeks and after that, they can go back to their city and do the follow-ups.

Not only weeks, but even months also passed without any progress. All these procedures and medicines impacted Sandhya physically and its failure affected her emotionally. Looking at Sandhya’s condition, Alok was feeling very restless. He tried every possible way to help her, make her happy, keep her strong, but gradually he was finding it all difficult. He was not able to see her condition and pain.

One evening Sandhya was sitting on the swing in her balcony and looking at the sun which was ready to set. The whole sky was painted with different shades of colors. Birds were chirping and returning to their nests. Alok came back from office and looked around the room. He couldn’t find Sandhya and came into the balcony. He saw her and softly sat beside her.

“Ohh when did you come? I didn’t realize.” Suddenly she came out of her thoughts looking at Alok.

“Just now. Such a beautiful evening... Isn’t it?” Alok looked around and said.

“Hmm…” Sandhya nodded her head sadly.

“What happened? Why are you so dull?” Alok held her hand gently.

“Nothing… It's just…” Sandhya couldn’t complete her sentence. Her voice was breaking.

Alok knew something has happened and he asked her with insistence, “Tell me Sandhya… What is the matter?”

“Alok… I guess I should accept now. Motherhood is not in my destiny. We are trying for many years now and nothing is working out. But because of me, I don’t want you to suffer. I don’t want you to restrict from the joy of fatherhood. Why should you be punished?” Sandhya looked in his eyes.

Alok was confused and stunned listening to her, “What are you saying Sandhya?”

“Please listen to me Alok… I guess we should think practically. It’s about your whole life.” Sandhya tried to convince him.

“What do you mean Sandhya?” Alok somehow knew what she meant but he wants his understanding to be wrong.

“I mean… I think you should get married to someone else.” Sandhya moved her face to the different direction.

“What??? Have you gone crazy? Do you even know what are you saying? Look at me… Look into my eyes and tell me.” Alok pulled her towards him.

Sandhya couldn’t look into his eyes and tears rolled down from her eyes. Saying all this was so difficult for her.

“Who told you all this nonsense? Did someone say something to you? Tell me how can you even think like this?” Alok asked angrily.

“No one told me anything. I just want you to have every happiness in your life.” Sandhya said pleadingly.

“Really?? If you want me to be happy don’t you know my all happiness is with you and only you. I am sure this thought has come from somewhere or someone and I want to you stay away from such thing or people.” Alok was very hurt. The thought of being apart from each other is painful for both of them.

Sandhya knew Alok is very angry and she doesn’t want to let him know that some aunty from the neighborhood came and telling her mother-in-law Sushila that in their community, they will never let live such daughters-in-law with their sons who can not become a mother. Her mother-in-law didn’t say anything and asked that aunty to leave from the house. But this thought stuck in Sandhya’s mind and she was feeling like a culprit and wanted Alok to not suffer because of her.

“Alok listen to me…” Sandhya stood and went near to Alok who was standing.

“No, you listen to me now. I have decided something.” Alok said firmly.

“What?” Sandhya looked at him with fear. She knew Alok’s anger very well.

“That we are not going for any more treatments from now onwards. I knew you suffered a lot because of all these procedures physically and mentally. This is it. I don’t want anyone other than you. I can’t see you going through more.” Alok said with conviction.

“But Alok…” Sandhya tried to argue but Alok held her hand and looked into her eyes.

“We are there for each other and will always be. Don’t you think that is enough? I will keep you happy always. Just never talk or even think about going away from me. I love you and will love you forever.”

Sandhya’s eyes were flooded and she couldn’t say anything. They hugged each other and stay there as such. Moonlight started spreading and touching their faces, giving the coolness and calmness to their hearts and souls.

meepre, ammusatheesh, Adharv and 3 others like this.
  9. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Heart touching chapter.It shaken my mind. Is Marrige & motherhood ultimate goal of a woman life? At my close relative , it happened .Aunties were suggesting all this nonsense as though women are material and if useless ( infertile) then discard and bring another.How a woman cope all these situations and harassments when she is already devastated? If it happens vice versa , does society accept? You draw negative & positive situations simultaneously is very mesmerizing.:clap2::clap2:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    muggs and Adharv like this.
  10. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

:worship2: superb, Alok. Alok and Sandy are made for each other :thumbup: nah we need include our apple pie too (roshan) :banana:
    Interesting screen play and very lively ma'am :cheer::cheer:Looks like MIL is also generous:thumbsup:
    this is :smash2::smash2: for that foolish neighbor :rage: THank you and keep rocking. Look forward for the next update.
    @ratan well said. I do have the same thought. Our society's R&R seems to be very funny at times. :BangHead: I just don't like to give ears to such blunt stuffs.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    muggs, Nehaan and ratan like this.