Broadband connection : Which Company is the best?

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Shanvy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear chennaites,

I will be returning back to chennai this march. since we were on the move and FIL was also on the move had surrendered the bsnl landline sometime back. I know it is really easy for getting telephone connections.

The question arises, because i am online most of the time, and also would continue the same.

Which is the best, costwise,connection wise and service also.

your personal preference and fb will help me to have a decided idea to work on immediately as soon as i reach.

love,
    shanthi.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: which connection

Dear Shanti,

My suggestion is that you go for Airtel Broadband. There is a scheme for an unlimited download/upload with a monthly charge of about Rs. 500 or 600. That is the best. You can also use that as the land line. Airtel provides a splitter also which means you can talk and browse at the same time.

As soon as you land in Chennai get in touch with Airtel. You can also go to their site to know the details. (Google for the name Airtel)
    All the best.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Tata indicom is also best. unlimited, 64KBPS, monthly 500. my parents r having this connection,also my brother suggest airtel is also best.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sridhar,vivbass,

thanks for the prompt reply.

love
    shanthi

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

About Tata Indicomm: the speed is less. In Airtel you get 128 and 256 kb speed. And Tata Indicom's service is also not good. We originally had a connection with them. But after a while we had a lot of problems and have moved to Airtel.

Airtel service is very prompt. Their billing is also reliable.

sridhar

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti,

TATA is the best I can say. From 2003, we are having this connection. (Before TATA buys this from DSL) So first we were DSL customer and now TATA.
    This is not connected with telephone. You can have any telephone and for that I will suggest Reliance.(I am having reliance mobile, and now they also have land line and broad band).

Seperate cable will connect our computer and TATA is doing the best. Now a days many people like Reliance,Airtell are doing and even our BSNL also having Broad band.

Please dont go for BSNL realy custmer care is 0. Sorry to say this. My brother's FIL is having and they are struggling like any thing. Many times I told them to change for TATA, and they are going to change the connection.

TATA is best as for as I know and I recomended many people and they also happy with TATA.:goodidea:

Regarding rate all are almost equal. Actually I am paying yearly and if there is any slash in rate, TATA will adjust and reduce the same. Let me explain. Actually we were paying 800 per month and there is some rate slash it seems, they themselves reduced the amount as 500 and deducted from my account insted of 800. I dont know any body will do this.:-D

These Airtel people are telling that they give free phone and one hundred calls are free. But if you go through it in detail there is some twist in their saying.So better ask the user directly about billing and customer service.

Have a nice time in India.:-D

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends,
    I am using Airtel for the past 2 yrs. Upto 1 gb per month for Rs 500 & tax - comes to Rs 600. The telephone & broadband can be simultaneously used. The speed is very good & I am on line the whole day except from 10 PM to 5 AM. the speed s 576 kbps.
    Their service is very good & prompt.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. bitika

bitika New IL'ite

I am using BSNL telephone and broadband connection. I also remain always online. I am fully satisfied and I feel it is cheaper and till now i have not faced any problem. The website is Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

:wave bitika

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    anybody is staying in Goa.
    my inlaws r staying in Goa,they r looking for broadband connection.
    thanx in advance.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    my hubby is Be Indian Buy Indian type. We had Airtel mobile, Reliance mobile, all problematic then. So as soon as BSNL introduced mobiles, we changed to that and are very satisfied. Broadband also we are having Dataone and so far no problem. The local exchange people will come immediately and rectify, if at all there is any problem.
    The private companies have many hidden clauses, I believe. There is many schemes to choose from in BSNL. If you take Dataone, you can be online ever and also use telephone- it is not dialup.
    May be the BSNL people will not talk very politely or stylishly. But, you can get work done, no problem there and no bribe also.
    Ultimately, the choice is yours.