1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bringing maids from India to USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by doctor, Jan 27, 2007.

1. doctor

doctor New IL'ite

Hi !my husband wants to shift to usa or canada but I am reluctant because I think I will not be able to manage the whole house and a little boy alone without the help of a maid .tell me can i Get a maid from India or Indonesia etc on full time basis ?how much will it cost ?will I hav eto pay her the minimum daily wage ?if yes ,will it not be too expensive ?how much does one have to pay for part time maids ?kindly tell me in detail

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Re: plz guide me about maids

not sure if you can bring maid frm India/ Indonasia . But you can call the cleaning service & they will clean the house for you. Depending on where you live they charge anywhere from $15 onwards /hour.

3 people like this.
  3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Doctor

Firstly,don't get tensed up.It is not difficult to manage a house and look after your kid here.Some things are easier here because of the conveniences we have.For example,you have a washer and dryer for washing clothes and for drying them.So you don't have to bother about physically hanging the clothes on the lines to dry.Secondly,most homes are carpeted.So you don't have to vacuum everyday.

Believe me,you will spend about 1-2 hrs cooking depending on your cooking speed and how many times a day you cook.You can vacuum just once a week.Also,I wash clothes every alternate day.Most people pile up and wash only in the weekends.It depends on your convenience.If you wash every alternate day,you will spend only about 10 minutes folding the clothes,nothing more.The dishwasher will take care of your kitchen vessels.So, tell me,don't you think you can manage?:-D