1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bridal tips for that first wedding night

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by coolsandy, Jun 1, 2012.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Did I initiate a thread which is loud and that which should have been spoken within four walls?

Lets see.

Firstly, marriage is an important phase of life for every person. One shares the rest of their life with someone who is a stranger and then in one memorable moment, the other person becomes the heart of one's life. Ok... this thread is about bridal tips .. why I am I being so philosophical?

Because...we give minute attention to everything right from the engagement day to the wedding day. Health, diet, hair care, body care.. something which we might have missed doing. And we do get tips from family members, friends, neighbors about all that stuff.

But how open are we talking about sex tips on the first night? Ultimately, this is one of those nights one can never forget in their entire marital life.

So, how does one forgo the anxiousness on that night?
    How does the comfort factor between the couple increase?
    Is that night the actual "one wonderful moment" in one's life?
    As a bride-to-be, what should she be educated about intimacy/sex?
    What are the different ways to decorate the bedroom for that special night ;)
    What should one actually avoid talking?

I know I might be asking something very intimate and not many of us would want to be open about it. But there could be brides-to-be who are not really aware of these secrets. I hope this thread mainly serves as a guide to them.

Googling would definitely help. But sharing personal experiences is always a plus.

2. ramya98

ramya98 New IL'ite

hi cool sandy first you share ur toughts and ur experiences then others will share there ideas and experiences

1 person likes this.
  3. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Ramya,

I dont think any female ILite here needs such pushing; something like "first you, then me" sounds child like attitude. :notthatway:And definitely marraige calls for a much more maturity in thoughts.

I was crystal clear in the post that this is a very intimate topic and most of us would really not be open about it:wink:, courtesy our Indian culture. No offence intended.

At the same time, I would have definitely given my suggestions if I had encountered that First Night w/ my husband. I am yet to as I am still single. Having said that, one thing I definitely want to implement is strictly not to discuss financial matters.:)

4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Ok coolsandy

Not been there not done that & yet you initiated such a thread ;) which not many would be willing to answer. Blame it to our Indian upbringing. :D

Lets start with saying that first night is not that glory as shown in movies & it is extremely painful. How many agree to this?

5. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

What is this ?, it is also a part and phase of life everyone will eventually undergo. There is nothing to feel so great about that. Girls grow up and get matured enough. See the reality, Its obviously going to be nice but just dont think that is the D day of your life.

6. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

let's call it as wedding night...i really hate to call it as a "first night"..........

7. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

I do not completely agree with the second statement. Ultimately, two people who are newly wed are sharing their private and intimate moments for the very first time. If everything goes well, it would definitely be a great moment in their life.

Apart from that, people spend so much time and efforts for the wedding day(A glance at the bridal tips forum would reveal the same.).At the same time, why not spend some more time on the tips for that special night?

agreed. Every person grows up but the maturity level differs from one person to another. I am pretty sure every person has thought atleast once in their entire life that "if only I had shown much more maturity in that situation, it wud definitely have been better"

8. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

yes... terming it as wedding night seems so much sophisticated though "first night" is very liberally used in our country.

9. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

Yes... i am one of those who definitely needs tips :D :hide:

not really sure about the later part ;)
    :bonk

sometime back, a friend shared her wedding snaps @ picasa; while browsing the same, we had found her wedding night snaps too:roll: ok... dont let devils come into your mind. Those snaps were mainly like this:

She is clad in a white saree and is surrounded by many guests :D
    She sits on the bed along with her husband, and beside them is a tray of fruits, sweets etc etc. And not to forget those relatives/friends near to the bed.
    Both of them are having a fun time eating those grapes (those pics say so) and of course their relatives too.

I was later told that this is their tradition/custom. i.e., relatives would be present on that wedding night for sometime near the bed and be part of the fun. :whistle In fact none of these relatives were so called grannies or aunties; it was all young men and women :D

Now, that is called a very embarrassing situation.

1 person likes this.
  10. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Ok dearie, I am saying the first experience or rather first few experiences are very painful. The pic that u mentioned must be for fun & to relax the bride n groom