1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Breast Augmentation, Rhinoplasty, Lipos and Botox Injections!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 28, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana,

I am flattered, nay, overwhelmed to see that three moderators, all beautiful mods have responded to this post. And as they say with beauty there is always grace, for how else will you people have condoned this accountant's excesses? And I apologise for keeping the beauties waiting for response.

This post belongs to the Books or Beauty forum. But I was talking more of my experience in reading the book than a cut and dried book review. I think it is not fair on my part to open a thread in another forum when I have a few forums for my use.

Thanks for the beautiful response and the graceful condonation.

Yes, Vandhana, I too love these kind of books. Another book which impressed me and more than that, disturbed me was written by a call girl. She was quite unusual in the sense that after gettting her Doctorate in Sociology she was a hooker for three years to make both ends meet. The book is not a salacious reading but a lesson in life. I am now reading Nalini Jameela's story, the prostitute from Kerala who talks about her profession.

The author of this book apart from being a good surgeon with a good aesthetic sense is also a counsellor with compassion. And that makes the book really special.
    regards,

2. varalotti

"But then, being so beautiful, I shall let it be:))))"

I read this line again and again. I am sure the word beautiful refers to the person who wrote the line. Anyhow by letting this post stay where it is, you have shown yourself to be beautiful. When beauty admits that it is beautiful, it's a beautiful sight to watch. Thanks for givinge me that opportunity.

Incidentally the author of the book talks about that TV programme and says that compared to what's happening in the real world, what the program shows is only minimal. It is more like the white-coated Doctors appearing toothpaste advertisement.

The author also addresses the issue of elective, cosmetic surgery versus reconstructive surgery that happens after accidents. Except that in one case the patient has the choice and in the other, none, there is no difference between the two types. From the plastic surgeon's point of view it is the same.

Let me admit,Moderator, that I did use some catchy title for this thread in my anxiety to spread knowledge about a good book. Thanks for indulging me.

regards,

3 people like this.
  3. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jr. Sri,

At the risk of repeating what is said already, my point is that beauty is a perception of the mind and what should matter is the inner beauty. A crooked nose or buck teeth will not mar the inner beauty of a person. Where true love reigns, physical drawbacks are ignored. Resorting to surgery for showing off or attracting a person will not sustain the relationship in the long run.

A cleft lip or physical disfigurements which are not under mans control give a complex to such people. These deficiences can be set right with plastic surgery to restore their self confidence.

However, affordability is becoming a criteria nowadays to indulge in such surgeries.

4. varalotti

Yes, Mythili, we were in the same boat. I never set store by plastic surgeons. In fact some years ago I did not even mind about the dresses. I used to say, what is inside is more important blah blah blah.

Some 14 years ago when I was part of an Exchange Team to England and when the Local Lord Mayor hosted a party for us, due to some wrong information, I went in casuals. While my friends glittered in our team blazers I was wearing a wooly-wooly jacket and a pair of jean trousers. The kind of turmoil I had on that day, especially when the Lord Mayor asked me, "Any special reason you have, Young Man, to come like this to my office?", led me to believe that what is inside depends on what is outside to a large extent.

Reading this book I find that an augmentation or a rhinoplasty can do wonders to one's confidence and self-esteem. If we are confident without those surgeries, then yes, we are blessed. The book taught me a wonderful lesson not to look down on those women who need to have these surgeries to be happy or confident.

Thanks, Mythili for your views.
    regards,

5. varalotti

Thanks, "one of the beautiful moderators" for indulging me and sparing me the pain of an infraction.

To get the wisdom contained in your post, I had to read the whole 300 page book. You seem to have it by virtue of your education and exposure.

I fully agree with the dresses. See my reply to Mythili on this point. When my dress is good, I do have a nice feeling.

My photographer while taking my picture for my book-cover asked me to wear my slippers. I told him, what's the big deal, when you are taking just bust size pictures. He told me that persons who are used to wearing slippers if they stand barefoot, their face will show some kind of a "lost" expression.

Life will never cease to amaze us.

Thanks Vidya for the participation.
    regards,

6. varalotti

Dear Chitra,
    Agreed inner beauty is of paramount importance. (You may go to the Beauty Forum and fish out my threads Beauty Tips From An Accountant - 1, 2 and 3 where I have emphasised the same point.)

But external beauty is no less important. Why should we take special care in decorating our sisters and daughter for a girl-seeing function? Inner beauty is aided by these external factors.

I know a relative from my village, Varalotti. He was all right. Not very handsome but not bad either. The problem was with his teeth. Almost the entire front row was protruding out. His name got prefixed with Pallu. He just about finished his degree. Could not get a job anywhere. One day he ran away from his house to Chennai.
    Got some menial job, earned enough money and then got his teeth fixed. All his teeth were extracted and he had dentures that were neatly arranged. His facial appearance changed. His confidence zoomed.
    After 8 years he returned to a heros welcome in our village - he was then an Administrative Officer in an Insurance Company. There was a stiff competition as to who would give their daughter in marriage to him.

He did for his teeth; Ms.Anderson for some other body part. But the mental condition is the same.

Thanks Chitra for your participation.
    regards,

7. varalotti

SHE 6 Uploaded

Most Gracious ILites,

A few minutes ago I uploaded SHE 6; the one chapter that virtually drained me of my energy and tears as well.

Time moves on relentlessly in its path not minding the deaths occuring on its way, Not even minding the loved ones' tears. As the great poet said, 'The Moving Hand writes and having writ moves on....'

Your kind responses; they alone have the power to revive your friend who feels so exhausted after posting this episode.

regards,

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

You got away with murder, and u must be really popular to have 3 moderators letting u go and praising yr blog eh !.I must learn the art from you Sri.

Enjoyed reading, and I am surprised to know that u want to read about the 2 prostitutes books.HAHA.I must say u have one hell of a spirit, to read all that, and to admit that here.

In fact I too would love to read the 3 books,to know the pyscology of these writers and their expierences.

And I am a year late Sridhar, but never mind as they say “ Better late than never”, and I will give u more homework, that is, after I have revived yr old blog, u will get moer hits, and u will be busy replying to comments.HAHA.

Loved that part of the lady coming back to thank the Doc.
    I read about a woman who did a very big size implants and ran away without paying the Doc.So now the [police is looking out for a woman with a very big u know what.HAHA.Strange things come in the papers.i suppose I can get away on yr blog with this.

Just loved it,Superb.Regards.kamal

9. varalotti

Dear Kamal,
    By visiting my old posts, you are not giving me any homework. Instead you are doing wonders to my ego. Only when you comment on some old entries do I realise that I have written so much during the last one year.
    This post was a touch and go for me. Our moderators are not only good people but exceedingly strict. I presume that in the case of this blog, they saw the underlying message (no pun intended, Kamalji; for if I intend anything, this time I can't escape infractions) and found the relevance of the topic to the modern woman.
    Thanks once again Kamal, for your comments.
    love,

10. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

u r truly a marvellous storyteller.I enjoyed myself reading ur post.Though beauty lies on the inside,it is human nature to be attracted to physical appearance/beauty.
    If one feels, all these treatments rise their optimistic levels no wrong in going for these treatments.

It is better to be beautiful than to be good, but it is better to be good than ugly-oscarwilde

Thanks for shraing with us sir,plz do come with more.............

Regards,
    Spandhana

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008