1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brazillian Waxing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PinkRubies, Oct 30, 2008.

1. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Is any prior requirement or preparation needed from my side before going for this ? Would I need to trim my "patch" using scissors or something similar; coz I have a fair amount of thick growth down under.:bonk
    All I need to know is that before I can step into the parlor to ask-boldly and a bit shamelessly ....teehee - for someone who can do a BW on me, would I need to prepare myself in any way ?

2. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hey VIP...

Well.... you needn't trim... Actually, if it's grown half an inch or so, it's good, as there is proper grip for waxing.

Better to avoid swimming or suana baths 24hrs prior too & afterwards as well.

While waiting to get it done. TALK...TALK & TALK.... It gets your mind diverted.. & of course relaxation techiniques like breathing really help. & I feel, if you decided you aren't going to scream, you will not. I usually have the occassional "oops!" or "ouch!" But have never screamed as yet.

All the best!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  3. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hmmm....Thnx JustAni............
    Am now discreetly checkin allmost every decent parlor in Pune for my purpose !!! :spin
    Hard luck so far ...... hope to come back soon with good news and a nice experience to share with you :cheers

4. justagirl

justagirl New IL'ite

Just wanted to let some of you know (who are still looking for a salon) that all VLCC (vandana luthra) salons do brazilian waxing...their charges vary from 500-750 rs and they generally have a professional doing it.

5. kmp

kmp New IL'ite

6. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hi kmp,

Nice to see ur revert ...... can you help me further with the details ?

7. kmp

kmp New IL'ite

Its a parlour called Heads to Toes in Koregaon Park, lane 6. The parlour belongs to a lady called Poonam and you can just mention to her that you would like a 'full bikini wax' .

It is done in a private room and the lady doing the waxing is very discreet and matter of fact.

They have branches in Aundh and Kalyani Nagar, though I have not visited these branches and dont know if they do it there, though I am sure trhey must.

Good Luck,
    :cheers

8. shyamalaswamy

shyamalaswamy New IL'ite

you could get this done in SalonSusan in chennai..[FONT=times new roman,times][FONT=times new roman,times]contact#9884264227,same road as Palmgrove hotel at the other end...
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

9. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Yippie ..... I finally got this done :thumbsup.
    It wasnt at all that painful... (maybe bcoz of the gal who did this for me )
    and also realised that it aint at all that messy. :rotflMaybe this could help easing the nervousness for those who are thinkin of trying BW !!
    Now I would like to wait n see how clean and convinient I find it to be.
    Since this gal has offered to come to our home to do the waxing, would switch to BW if I find this good enuf. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown
    I yet have a small query and would like to check if anyone would be kind enuf to help me with this .... though I keep applying baby oil there regularly as advised and I have no itching so far, I am facing a different issue ..... this is making me a lot sweaty there (as I usually perspire a lot) as I have to apply something to keep away the itch. Also, I can see that my skin in the waxed area has been peeling & coming off - as like when it peels off after getting sun burns.
    Would appreciate if someone cud let me know if this is usual and not serious. Also is there any remedy for this peeling of skin follicles ?

10. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

CONGRATS VIP2000!!!!

You could be sweating more due to the application of oil. You could try to apply a body lotion, something quick absorbing after your bath... it may make you prespire less.

The peeling is natural... since it's the first time you've done it. As you don't have an itch, it's fine.

Congrats once again!