1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brazillian Waxing

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PinkRubies, Oct 30, 2008.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Sangeethraj why dont you ask around some parlours that you know they might know

2. SimpleGirl

SimpleGirl Gold IL'ite

Hello ladies..
    any idea where BW is done in Hyd? I asked in one of the parlours..the lady was very suprised to know that people get that area too waxed:bonk
    I will be getting married in a months time.. looking for some place to get BW done..So please please please let me know

Thanks,
    SG

3. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Anyone in Bangalore do BW?

4. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

Just Ani, Which parlour in Burdubai did you have this done, I have never thought of this, but looking at your feedbacks, looks quite tempting. I thot only arabs do this and thot is quite shameful. I would rather not do it at my regular Indian parlour. Where in burdubai/karama do u get it done and how much does it normally cost?
    Tks.

5. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

i am hvng one doubt does brazillian wax and wax gel are same or differnt.Pls clear my doubt.

I am trying wax gel.its some what less pain than ordinary messy wax.

This wax gel is nt necessary to heat.Just apply it in hair growth direction and tk it from opposite direction.Its easy for me to use.

But i did myself in bikini.It lightly start to bleed becos i cant wax myself in bikini.Really i am afraid to do in bikini and hairs become thick due to razor.

Hence wax gel works well for my legs,arms i am going to try for underarm too.

is it possible to wax myself in bikini? or i need others help for it.i am little bit confused

6. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

I had read this thread long back and was pondering if I have to get one done. I read about brazilian wax on web and saw some yuo tube videos and at last gathered some courage to get it done.

I booked an appointment with one of the reputed salons in the area. I was certainly very tensed and felt awkward. I couldn't imagine ripping off my bottom to a third person:spin. But the lady who did it was so cool and spoke casually and said she has many Indian clients, etc. She moved on quickly with the process. It did hurt quite a bit. But the fact that she did it so fast (front and back) was appreciable. It was all done in 15 minutes.

I feel so clean after the waxing and don't think I'll ever go back to shaving. Well worth the pain.. No pain.. no gain, right????

7. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hello all, :):)

Am new to this thread but am very curious to know more about BW. SInce I have a bit thick / moderate pubic growth, find it somewhat messy during my periods. Until now was somehow managing as am totally against shaving as per advices I have received. Have been recently using an epilator -- around once a month for past 4 months. This I have found to be a bit painful and makes my skin tender.
    Has anyone tried both of these - epilation/ BW before ? Which could be less painful and more clean ? :hide:

8. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hey Annu... Sorry for the late reply :hide:

There is nothing shameful about keeping pubic areas clean. We need to remind ourselves that there is nothing shameful about waxing these areas, It's only a matter of being hygenic.

Apparently, many palours do it. Some mentioning it in their brochure, some don't. There is no harm in asking them, whether or not they do it.

I get mine done in Apprearences, in Bank street-BurDubai. I think it costs around 60/- or so ( I do full arms, full legs & BW... so I am unable to break the cost for each).

I got it done by on 3 occassions by 3 different Indian females. The good part about getting it done by an Indian, is that they know OUR skin type. If you don't want to get it done by an Indian, you could try Dragonfly spa in New BurJuman. I was intrigued to get it done by looking into their brochure. But then decided to ask for it in my regular parlour.

Hey Vip2000... I tried epliation once & promised myself I would never do it again. It was too much to bear.

When we shave, we often find the hair becomes thick. The more you wax the softer the texture of hair gets. The softer the hair, less the pain & the cleaner it looks.

Trust me, once you had a good experience with BW you wouldn't want to get back to shaving or epilation or creams.

9. VIP2000

VIP2000 New IL'ite

Hi JustAni,

That was a very softer, less painful and cleaner looking answer ....:biglaugh
    Yes indeed, epilation is quite painful .... wonder how I cud bear wid it....

Thnx for your valuable tip...:idea

My next quest would be to hunt for someone pro in BW her in Pune..:spin
    I dunno....my chances look bleak...

10. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Hey VIP...

You could boldly ask.... No harm in doing that... But sound comfortable & even lie if :bonkyou want, that you had done it once before, hence wanted to do it again. I say this 'cos sometimes people have this odd notion about BW & are usually taken back.

I find that most parlours in Mumbai too don't have proper partations... :spinusually they are done by curtains, hence most parlours don't do it.

But in case you get your waxing done at home, I suppose they may do it.

If I'm not mistaken, I think Lakme Saloons do BW. You could give it a try.:thumbsup