1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Bras For 10 Year Old Girls

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by EagerForInfo, May 8, 2023.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello ,
    I have heard girls are hitting puberty earlier nowadays. I didn’t expect it for my daughter as I got my periods AFTER 8th grade.
    But to my utter shock my 10 year old started developing breast buds after her 10th birthday and within 3 months she got her periods. Since then her breasts are rapidly growing.
    Can anyone suggest a nice bra for her ? I’ve gotten some from Amazon but she refuses to wear them.

Also her breast’s are huge and it is akward to see. ( I will not mention to her). But how can I help her ? She is the height of a 10 year old but body is that of a 40 year old.
    I don’t know where we went wrong but even her behavior has changed. Sweet adorable kid will yell at us. Will not get ready for school. Will give us a hard time for breakfast lunch dinner. For everything the answer is a big loud “NO”.

She will always wear only one pant throughout the year for months. Will wear a hat at all times.
    I don’t know what her problem is and how to solve it.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Take her to the mall, let her try on and get what fits her well.

chanchitra likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Behavior changes can be due to hormones after puberty.
    A bad home environment also causes rebellious Behavior.

MalStrom likes this.
  4. prettywoman2

prettywoman2 Bronze IL'ite

@EagerForInfo Your daughter is behaving like a typical pre-teen. All those things you mentioned (mood swings, change in behavior, "No" being their favorite word :)) are all very common for pre-teens.
    If she doesn't like the bra you ordered, take her shopping so she can chose one she likes.

She needs your support and understanding in the phase of life. Make her feel comfortable so she can come to you for any issues, confusions etc.

5. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

10 year old with a 40 year old body ? I hope your daughter never read this. Her own mom body shaming her can be a trauma for life.

hmmm. All the things you mentioned are signs of puberty and growing up. Please don’t give her any toxic thoughts about her own body and stay from commenting about the same. Give all the support she needs ! Here are a list of age appropriate books that you can give her . I guess you too will benefit reading it!
    Books About Puberty

chanchitra likes this.
  6. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

It's all natural for a pre teen or teenager
    My niece too got her periods early and she is 12 now
    She wears a bra size of 34 -36 and her weight is around 60kg.Quite overweight,though she hardly eats anything and an active girls.Dont look at her as a 40 yr old lady.She is still a child and may be getting conscious about her body.Take her to a shop and ask her to select inners of her choice.Its just a phase and soon you will be able to adjust with her behavioral patterns.