Brand Conscious Discerning Buyer.

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by Thyagarajan, May 25, 2024.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

With power of media the focus of marketing is brand building.
    People go crazy for brands.
    Branded stores are always expensive when you do cost analysis.
    Bata is known world wide brand and their export of foot wear from India that Bring substantial foreign exchange. Bata brand icon is copied as BOTA written in chain writing and from a distant it would always like Bata icon.

Once i went with spouse for her MCR footwear. We entered into a retail shop as their display board outside at entrance proclaimed they are stockists of reputed brands including Bata.

A SUITABLE SIZE WAS brought to her and she tried. She as usual found grip was uncomfortable on left foot. She was handed another larger size. It was quite lose on the right. After several tries, finally one more box of another brand of MCR was handed. The sales man looking fed up.

She tried and from her distant face as she walked majestically, I found she the pair was snug fit and she was quite ensconced walking with her feet in that pair.

For me to accompany and spend time in shopping was bit harrowing as that was prime time in stock market. I just had a sigh of relief that her project- purchase of Mcr would finally come to an end.

Then the selected pair was packed in its original carton. She was thanking in the heart of heart that Bata Produced the correct size footwear for her.

But alas my relief was short lived for she looking caton upside down found from its printed matter in red found it was not Bata but BOTA brand!

upload_2024-5-25_13-1-20.jpeg

This above is an internationally acclaimed brand. It contain and indicates something special.
    I Do know You recognise this brand but what is special here in the above image?

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    messedup likes this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thank you @messedup for clicking the like button.
    I wish u had commented and answered the question as well.
    Regards.
    God Bless

3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Fun Facts
    • Baskin-Robbins® is the only ice cream chain in the world that has the unique “31 flavor” concept. It represents a different flavor for each day of the month.
    • Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins, the founders of Baskin Robbins, were brothers-in-law. Burt married Irv’s sister Shirley in 1942.
    • The 1960s were characterized by Beatlemania. Just before the Beatle’s first US tour, a reporter from the Washington Post called up Baskin Robbins to know what flavor they had come up with to honor the Beatles. The question caught Mr. Roberts by surprise as he hadn’t even thought about it at the time. But he quickly replied, “Beatle Nut, of course”. The new flavor was created, manufactured and delivered within 5 days.
    • The Gold Medal Ribbon flavor was introduced in connection with the 1980 Winter Olympics in the U.S.
    • Baskin Robbins is the current Guinness World Record holder for the largest cup of ice cream. It was made on September 13, 2005, in celebration of its 60th birthday. This massive chunk of vanilla ice cream weighed 8,865 pounds!
    • BR’s trademark colors are blue and pink. Its specialty is that the color pink in the logo forms not only a part of the letters BR, but also the number 31, representing the famous 31 flavor concept of Baskin Robbins.
    • The traditional colors of Baskin Robbins were pink and brown. Pink was to represent cherry and brown, chocolate, while the polka dots were to give the feel of circus balloons.
    • The flavor Plum Nuts was born when a man once told Burt Baskin, “Whoever thinks of all these flavors must be plumb nuts!”
    • Astronut and Lunar Cheesecake were invented in honor of the NASA space missions in the 1960s. They were introduced only after the astronauts reached home safely.
    • On May 18, 2000, Baskin-Robbins® entered into the Guinness Book of World Records for creating the “World’s largest ice cream scoop pyramid. It had 3100 scoops of ice cream!
    • The American singer Sean “Diddy” Combs got his first break when he starred in a Baskin Robbins commercial at the age of 2.
    • Some of the famous former Baskin Robbins scoopers are US President Barack Obama, actresses Julia Roberts, Taryn Manning and Chandra Wilson, actors Eric Dane and Randy Quaid, TV host Rosie O’Donnell, Chef Bobby Flay and New York Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes.
    • Burt Baskin and Irv Robbins believed that customers should be able to taste a sample of as many flavors as they liked till they found their favorite without having to pay for it. This gave rise to the iconic pink spoon.
    • Baskin Robbins also has its share of unusual ice cream flavors. They include avocado, garlic, azuki bean, jalapeno and pumpkin. There was an even weirder flavor called dill pickle ice cream that was targeted to expectant mothers.
    • Baskin Robbins Triple Play flavor is a blend of peanut popcorn cracker jack that stays crisp even when frozen.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

I now know more about BR. In Chennai city we have a BR franchisees. One of their branches is just 5 km away from my home.
    Thanks for filling me with detailed information of BR brand from its inception and about their many milstones.

Viswamitra likes this.