1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom busters!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha
    First things first! You apologies have been accepted! I must confess that your absence did make me wonder if you found my posts boring and was getting ready for a fight!
    I found your reference to Cochin shocking but then realised that it could be a woman's point of view! No man, even if he is 64, finds Cochin boring!:mrgreen:
    That 'even if it is Vijaykanth' made me laugh! But to give the devil its due, his Ramana was not too bad! But the poor guy has lost all his neck and his massive head perches now on his fleshy shoulders directly! I guess that his foray into politics has taken away all his time and he is not able to go for any workout even to retain his neck!
    sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    How true you are when you say that koodal decreases and oodal increases as we grow old! But it is my view that a fight can be called a oodal only when it ends up in koodal!:) The kind of oodals that yakshas practise as in Megasandesam never fail to end up in koodal!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    It is my firm view that recipes are great stuff to read than to try. I feel so possibly because I am not a very demanding person when it comes to feeding the body. The usual sambar , rasam and curry make me eternally happy. But then making a new Chitvish recipe and trying it on hubby could be a new way to start a fight!:mrgreen:
    I wonder really what your tips to my wifey will be. We have covered during our 40 years together almost every subject on which a fight can be initiated. Our greatest fights have been on smallest issues. I must admit though that the advent of TV and the plethora of soaps do not give us much occasion to fight these days and we are just happy watching all those fights on TV.
    Is that reference to 'pooshani' an effort to fish for compliments?:)
    Are you now poised to fight with Vish after reading my thread? It would be easier dragging a rabbit into a fight!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Honeybee
    Enna epo pathalum ear phona mattindu is one way to try and start a fight!
    Remember small skirmishes are like a work out to get a sagging married life into shape!
    Sri

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Yes, trying a chitvish recipe can start a fight because the husband will inevitably ask the wife why she could not make melt-in-the mouth (note, not melt in the kuzambu) paruppurundai all these days !:oops:
    Out of modesty, I give just one example, Sri !:)

Having been married for more years than you, I realise that there is scope for newer subjects for a fight as age advances . I start off ( I don't leave it to you to guess) and for every 100 words from me, there is a sharp "piercing" monosyllable which provokes me more with the usual "vayile kozakkattaiya?":evil:

Well, this is the T V live telecast in our house now a days.
    Why fish for complements? - they are all around me !!:tongue Again, a case of modesty!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    If I were Vish I would tell you, 'Amam kozhakattaithan. Muzhunga mudiyama thindadaren!'
    Sri

7. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Funny thread... but unfortunately I don't think that I was interpreted right. Since no one saw it out of context, I'm here to clarify on my own behalf. I was only trying to convey that men prefer diplomatic cowardice in issues between wife & mom (though it can be easily true towards their issues with wife too). Whether it is because they feel guilty that they may be assumed to have "fallen" for the wife if they take her side or whether its because they don't want to deal with the wife's wrath for the rest of their "peaceful" life if they supported their mom - I don't know. But this I do know, if each doesn't stand up for themselves for issues that are of utmost priority to them, then no one else will either.

As far as this thread goes, tiffs between spouses are natural as long as there's no pent up emotions carried over. On the other hand if partners spend their time & energy in oodal then there may never be a kudal may also start rifting apart.

As far as the couples growing to be the same... I think its wonderful to be in a scenario where you can't say where you end & your spouse begins. This is possible even while having your own individuality & personality. I think its extremely pleasurable to know your spouse like the back of your hand though there's always some room of surprises too. It is not boring but this is a happy union or amalgam. To grow old together, to know each other's likes and dislikes, to give up some of your ownself to enjoy more with the other... I think its a bliss more so if the couples can learn that sooner than later.

And for the record women are NOT ALWAYS the ones to start an argument & hold it till they've had the final say in the issue! :)

8. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    My retort would be
    "Oho, kozhakataiyai muzunga mudiyalaya? Nannathaan valathirukka ungamma pillaiyai - oosi thondaiyum thazi vayaruma".

The best chance to bring in the inevitable third element !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra
    My statement was not meant to comment on the size of Vish's thraoat but on the size of the Kozhakattai. I dont expect small and swallowable Kozhakkattais from your large palms and your fascination for Guinness.
    Oosi thonadai or mudalai thondai, there is a limit to what a man can swallow and you cant afford to be insensitive to that fact! And unlike other eatables, a kozhakkattai has to be consumed as a whole, body and tuft together. Its sacrilege to break it and eat. Further, who can eat the insipid maavu without the 'pooranam'?
    Sri

10. Chitvish

Dear Sri,
    I cannot help retorting back !
    How can you say, so heartlessly,
    your large palms and your fascination for Guinness
    Both are wrong, Sri.
    1 - Palm size is not directly proportional to age thankfully & my palms are small.
    2 - I make mani maniya kozakkattai; but let me tell you they are meant to be eaten biting mavu & puranam together & then swallowing. Does your wife make peanut sized ones ?
    3 - I thought your teasing me happily in Varalotti's company ended with yesterday ! You want to make it an everyday mission ?:oops:
    Love,
    Chithra.
    <xml id=yoombaxml></xml>