Bookstores in Dubai.

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by Kurunji, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    My son who was doing Grade 4 in Indian CBSE , is now starting ICSE next month. Since he will be joining his new school after nearly 2 months of it having opened, & that too since he has already finished most of his year's lessons , we've been advised to buy only a few of the textbooks which he will need -- but the school will sell as a FULL SET ONLY . :evil: :evil:
    So, which outside shop we'll get best deals ? We found Magrudy's very expensive & Booksplus didn't have some of his study books. Like CLS or Vijaya Stores in Chennai, which bookstore has good range & reasonable price for kids study as well as story books [ like Tintin/Asterix etc.]

Please please pleassssssseeeeeeee respond with your suggestions.

2. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kurunji
    Find out which books he requires, the names, authors, etc., and check in Ajanta book stores in Bur Dubai, on Rolla street, near Baqer Mohebi. You should be able to find all the books you need there. Let me know if you were successful
    All the best!

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

4. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Thanks Sugarnspice , Bala .
    Had never even heard of this Ajanta stores ; will check out this Thu. itself.
    :-D Regards.

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kurunji,
    Please check ARORA bookstore in Bur Dubai (Same road as Imperial Suites hotel). Their Tel No is 04 3521529.
    For Comics, you can try Al Araka bookshop in Karama, next to Sunrise Supermarket. Also you can try book store in Karama Center, opposite to Aabharan Jewellers. I normally buy in one of these two places.

Regards
    USHA