1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Body never lies .......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Ria2006, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I have read it in some article on IL only that when we have to choose between mind and body. We should always listen to body.
    Because Mind is shrewd enough to conceal its hidden agenda. Like If after meeting someone you get negative vibes, your mind will be smart enough to catch those unsaid words, those expressions and it will create verbal statment that here are 10000 reasons why you should hate that person.

Does mind really hinder our spontaneity ? Chances are yes, very often when we want to rush and hug our husband.. It will give a tick.. wait! he never does it, so why should you do it, Keep your ego on.. and keep fuming inside. :queen Perfect example of dragging Mind in useless things.

Very Often , when you do something as per your natural self and goodness doesnot reciprocate . Its mind who comes and worsens things. It start telling why you should behave as others behave with you. If you keep listening it , in due course of time you will find yourself exact replica of people you hate.

So is mind all useless and set to put us low all the time. No its not.. Its one of major distinguishing feature of humand kind over other Species. We just dont use it right. We use it when we have to remember other's hurts to us, we use it when we have to hold ourselves back. While we should be using it more in places, where its really required. Like while there is discussion in house, who should do what and how we should spend our money or how we should let our kids enjoy restrained freedom, how I should tackle my difficult peers, How I should watch my mouth next time.. In such scenarios, we let our hearts do the job.. I guess we have just confused these great faculties with each other.
    Any thing Sponatenous, bring your heart in. You will be much relieved. Anything long term, far fetched, flex your mind. It will never disappoint you.

Similar Threads
    1. lahy15
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. manjumnair
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. anika987
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ria,

wow, wonderful analysis on the mind. what you have written is quiet true. we sometimes become replicate of people we hate in dragging some useless things.
    Keep posting such things.

How r u doing now? Are you better?

3. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

Thanks for reading it. Actually I was summarising my own thoughts over something. As per my natural self, I dont keep accounts of people 's bad behaviour with me. I was doing that lately for one friend. And i just realized I am doing what is not my natural self. Hence the post to remind me of my own knowledge.

I am doing good. Knee is also fine. I am set for surgery on Feb 1. So excercising heavily to make knee ready for it. Thanks for asking though.

Ria

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Ria,

What happened to you knee??
    What kind of a surgery you will go thru??
    I am asking because I too have knee problems.

Take care,
    Punitha

5. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Punitha

Thanks for asking.
    I have torn my ACL(Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in left knee while skiiing a month back. I want to fix this arthoscopically by having ACL replaced. This is done through surgery here in US. Its fairly successful surgery.

Regards
    ria

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ria, nice post regarding the mind and the heart and also a very nice tip at the end, where and when to use what.
    Keep posting!

By the way, good wishes on your surgery!

sriniketan

7. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ria,

Take care of your health. I did not know that you were hurt. Hope you get better soon.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

8. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ria,

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

9. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

hi Ria,
    That's an excellent post. Short, but very well-put.
    I especially liked the summarization at the end.
    best wishes for your surgery.
    hasita

10. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Ria,

Very true. I have experience this feeling of 'unease' when you are not your self and realise that you are listening to some logic (mind) than your heart. You have captured it nicely in your words.

I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Cheers,

Sumathy