1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Body heat..

Discussion in 'Infants' started by sanravi_1970, Apr 16, 2008.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

My baby has too much body heat, i feel that he gets that from me, i have too much body heat. Is there any way to reduce heat for me and also for my baby?Anything to worry due to too much body heat for little baby? I am so much worried !!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008

2. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My mom used to ask me to apply Castor oil on my sons Navel, it seems Castor oil cools down the body and is very good . she used to ask me to just touch my finger in castor oil and apply it on the Navel and nthg more than that. So i guess u can try on that. But be sure the climate where u are is not very cold ......

cheers
    vaidehi

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Vaidehi

Ya it s cold here, inspite of that his body is hot. Anything to worry? Is it ok for baby to have excess body heat!!!

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I guess its quite normal for the babies body to be little hot. I mean thats what i have heard from my Elders. So Don't worry abt it. In india We give lot of oil massage to the babies and apply lot of oil to there Head too. But i know its not Possible here in US and even the Doctors won't allow u to do so.

Lets see what our Other IL's have to say abt this.

Cheers
    vaidehi

5. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Does oil massage lower the body heat? Riya's arms and toes are always cold, and I do massage three times a week and leave the oil on for a day (give her a bath but don't put any soap or shampoo).

6. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Not sure how true it is,but my mom told me that oil massage does help in reducing body heat.She used to massage my son with oil alternate days and wash it with shampoo .My LO also had cold hands and feet,I used the footed sleep and play dress it kept his legs and hands warm.

-P

7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

San.. dont worry.. my patti always say its also because of people carrying the baby always.. make sure you dont carry it always...

8. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

P, I always put her in long sleev shirts, pants and socks or jumpers with footsies on them, but I was just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

9. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

My Son's hand gets cold at night when he sleeps in his crib,but not during the day.I maintain 72 during the day and he is in onesie and socks.

10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My mom usually says that whenever you carry or hold a baby, it is better to have a small cloth/ carry on towel so that our heat is not transferred to the baby.

Cheers
    Krithika