1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Black friday sales?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by deepshikha, Nov 17, 2007.

1. deepshikha

deepshikha Senior IL'ite

Hey girls I've been hearing about black Friday sales, after thanksgiving. can someone explain what is it all about and why people say we need to stand in a queue early morning for it?? Anyone planning to do that??

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Black friday sales are the sales at various retail stores the friday after thanksgiving - this year on Nov 23. Most outlets will offer deep discounts on their merchandise and open stores early (some as early as 5 a.m.). the items with the biggest discounts sell fast and sometimes the stock is limited so it sells out fast. you can save a lot of money if you know what you want and are quick to grab it. most newspapers advertise sale prices earlier too. but it is quite an experience - i've done it a couple of times but it is not something i would recommend unless you want to buy a lot of things. the polite, friendly americans you see suddenly turn into this yelling, screaming, running mass of people to get to the stuff. happy shopping!!

Mythraeyi

sindmani likes this.
  3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Mythraeyi is right - I have heard that it is pandemonium in the morning. If you intend to buy anything - make sure you know what you are buying and when the store opens be in line to make a beeline to the item that you want. Usually most stores have a limited stock of what they advertise at the discounted price - if it is gone, it is gone! I have never once gone shopping early in the morning - I may go later in the day if I find a parking spot - if not forget it!!

sindmani likes this.
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,
    Anyways I am not going for shopping on black friday.
    Its just a accumulation of junk things at your home unless you need specific things.
    HAPPY SHOPPING TO ALL!!

~Punitha

sindmani likes this.