1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday Party Planning For 6 Year Old

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by gknew, Aug 5, 2019.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My DS is turning 6 this month and I am planning for a birthday party for him.
    I never did a big party in US. We celebrated his first and second birthday with families when we were in India. Last few years, we did with very close friends. Mostly with 1 or 2 families. I always wanted to keep low.
    This time, my DS wanted to celebrate it with all his friends, as he is going to his friends birthday parties in our community. Mostly it will be kids alone party.
    So, I am also planning for kids alone party. Calling few neighbor kids and his friends from school. It will be around 10 kids age range from 4 to 8. I never hosted a kids alone party before. Most of the kids know each other in this group. I have few ladies friends and my son have never seen their kids. They will be new to the group. Should we invite our friends kids or only child's friends?
    And what should we do to make the party interesting? Its going to be in the evening after they are back from school. Will serve them pizza and cake with some desserts.
    What are the games can we play? And need some ideas for return gifts? Anyone hosted a kids alone party? Please share your inputs.
    Thank you.

2. rekhasanil

rekhasanil New IL'ite

Hiya,

Kids love birthday parties with games and their favourite food (I think you are bang on with Pizza).

Some of the easy to organize group kids party games are passing the parcel, musical chair, dance on a paper sheet, pinning the donkey's tail.

As far as birthday party return gifts are concerned, you can consider video games, activity books, school utilities, photo frames, fridge magnet etc.

Happy birthday planning!

Regards,
    RS

gknew likes this.
  3. Lakshmikishore

Lakshmikishore Silver IL'ite

You can play few dancing numbers to engage the kids till all invitees are gathered before cake cutting.

gknew likes this.
  4. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Yeah. I was thinking about that.
    Thank you so much for your inputs. Since all the kids speak different regional languages and I am planning to play some English songs for them.
    Any songs list which you can suggest for kids?

5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your inputs.