1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Birth Control Pills.

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 17, 2022.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello.
    As I mentioned in my previous posts I am having heavy periods. Too heavy where I need to change overnight pads every 3 hours continuously for at least two days. Then periods are continuing continuously till 9 days and lightly till 12 days

After seeing gynecologist she gave me Haley 24 birth control pills.

That relieved the heavy bleeding issue as the bleeding is manageable but after 2 months I was not able to go to pharmacy to pick up the medication so I thought I’ll just try to see how this month is. It was horrible with heavy heavy bleeding even till 6th day.
    With overnight pads.

so my concern is I thought birth control was the solution to my issue. But what if for some reason I need to stop taking them. Bleeding so much when not taking them also is worrisome.

Please share ur thoughts and suggestions.
    I do have a follow up with my gynaecologist.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If your insurance offers a mail-order pharmacy benefit why don’t you switch to that? Your prescriptions will arrive right at your door.

3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Sure I will try that.
    But I’m more concerned about my future. Am i addicted to the birth control pills for life now ?? What if i have issues getting them for some reason. ? Im scared about that.

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Follow your doctors instructions. Over thinking wont help. It take some time to fix your issue. I took it for the same issue for nearly eight months and stopped. You can take it for a few more months and check if stopping it will change your situation. Consult doctor if its not helping.

5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Its been 8 months since I started birth control pills. But I’m having spotting for weeks before periods. Did u have issues like that too ?

6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

If this is still true for the past 8 months, ask your doctor if the prescription needs some change - dosage or composition or brand....
    Also check if an IUD will work for you.

Last edited: May 26, 2022