Birth Announcement of Adhrit :)

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Cutepavi, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Our son Adhrit was born on Feb 1st 2010 14 days before due date... I had a vaginal delivery with a second degree tear..

Birth Story:

Since i had abdomen pain for quite some time, one of the doctors had said i would not wait until my due date! but the other doctor's at my obgyn office were very much sure that i would go until feb 14!!!

My mom came from india on Jan 30. 31st morning i had a little more pain on my abdomen as if i felt the head move a little more down!!! i kept telling my DH and mom and they were like i was just telling because i wanted to take rest. In the evening we went for grocery shopping and then dinner at ihop! After coming home and making my husband's next day's lunch, i went to the rest room and passed out a thick white mucus.. It was about 9.45 then... Since i did not have this thick discharge before , i called the hospital to make sure if everything was ok and they said the same thing and that it is nothing to worry about...

I told to my self not to worry and went to bed! just then i felt a burst as if a balloon burst! And then started leaking white discharge!! I knew my water broke and got panicky... I had packed my hospital bag days before.. so it was all fine.. we just had to grab everything and leave.. My mom though started freaking out and started lining out kumkum and other prasadams on my forehead!!!

After reaching hospital, i was put on IV and they did internals and told me i was 3cms dilated!!! Long way to go right??? I know...

But my contractions started coming pretty hard and i asked if i could have any pain medications until they gave me my epidural... and they gave me a pain med through the IV...

Around 4 am in the morning i was given the epidural and things started easing out a little bit.. i was totally relaxed and did not have any pain at all... a little drowsy and terribly hungry! Around 11.30 I started feeling the pressure and by 12.20 my kiddo was born!

I would ask anyone thinking about taking epidural to go for one... It does an amazing job!!

2. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Pavi.Adhrit is a unique name.
    God bless him!
    Take care both of you

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Cutepavi on the arrival of Adhrit! Like Ammu has said, it is a unique name.
    May baby Adhrit be showered with God's choicest blessings.
    Take care

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Pavi,
    Congrats once again. Take care and enjoy with baby Adhrit.

With love..

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Pavi, Hearty Congratulations and a Big Welcome to Adhrit! Take good rest and enjoy your little bundle of joy! Can't wait to hear all about him in the parenting froum as well :)

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pavi,

Congrats new mom. take care. god bless Adhrit.

Adhrit is a cute name. isn't it from vishnusahasranamam??

Friends who do not know the meaning of Adhrit, it means someone who does not need support but is always there to support others..

7. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

congrats pavi
    nice and unique name.
    god bless

8. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Thank You All..

Shanthi.. Yes it is from sahasranamam and you said the meaning absolutely right :)

Here is the line!

"Adhrithah Swadhridah Swasya Pragvamsho Vamsha Vardhanaha"

9. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Pavi on the arrival of Adhrith.
    Cute and unique name indeed.
    Nice to note its meaning too.

You take care and all the best wishes to the little one :)

Bye

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Cutepavi,
    Congratulations on Adrit's arrival!!!
    Thanks for sharing birth story! Take care of LO.