1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Big Fight

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by akruti9, Nov 10, 2010.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

One thing I have to say Akruti is...Hats off toyou!! your post and tone of it did sound calm to me rather than the old posts...

You did your part...done and over..now what your husband decidesor how things happen just leave the rest to time...you dont worry or bother...but one thing remember...TELL Your husband it was his idea to get your parents and it was his idea to take permission from his parents...and ask him whether your opinion counts at all in this whole thing...(remember this is only to give him some food for thought..not for you to worry..sometimes you have to keep reminding such childish husbands...so that one day that thing actually gets into theri brain...however during this process of reminding them, you got to have patience and wait for results...) so just point out this to him and leave it there...get some rest and dont worry...take all this as a learning ma....look at it that way...everyone has one or the other hard time in theri life...no one will be spared...gods gives everyone some challenges depending on their capability :)

so cheerup and take care

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

No you don't, dear Akruti. A woman should have a say in whom she wants to be near for her delivery and hope your DH realises it before it is too late. Be strong, Akruti. You have been through a lot and this too shall pass.

3. sng

sng Senior IL'ite

Akruti,

If I would be at ur place..I would have never asked them to come...becz to see their face is a big issue for me..So I must have sent the papers by now after scheduling of appointments and all....actually I did like that...once there was huge fight but now after an year everything is normal.....

well...u asked and they have repeated the same thing which they want to be done....like SIL will come then they will come and blah blah....

Now u can not do much if they want to come...u have just 2 options -
    Let them follow what they want to do..u just take rest whole time...and will be busy with ur job(do not ever leave job infront of them, let them baby sit for u) and baby...think like nobody is at home...and do not work at all...tell this before hand only to ur DH that u have no problem if they come...but do not seek any help in anything from me except baby part...becz I do not want to do..thats why I was calling my mom..if he calls his relative he has to handel all tensions.....if she raises issue ..tell ur DH that they r here for to do that..I have done enough when I was perfect...and spend every single min with baby only..

Second thing u can do ...do not listen them and call ur parents only...but in this case..there will be a lot of fight everywhere......u will have peace infront of ur mother stay..and also it is too late to process visa and everything now...It may not be possible to get it now...becz sometimes, they get rejected also...so if u r prep for cosequences and all then take this step Otherwise keep calm and follow first option..

4. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

Akruti, the day you realize "you cant have IL'ites sail your boat of life" and your hubby realizes that "family is first made of wife/son/daughter and it is way tooo precious to be lost" - all your issues will be resolved and this thread will be closed. until then :my2cents.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Akruti,
    You do have changed a lot in your tone from the first post. Way to go girl.
    I don't know why you keep falling for this trap from your H fo asking permission. If he wants somebody here for delivery than you should have let him do what ever to get somebody here be it Mom, MIL, Or Sil who cares you don't right. Only your h does.
    Now whoever shows up at your door step let your H deal with it. you take care of yourself. I think everytime your H says jump you jump even if it is for the wrong reasons. Now you are going to be a mother responsible for an innocent life please don't entertain all this drama of H's and get sucked into it.:bonk:bonk

6. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Akruti I really feel for you... this is the time a girl wants to be with her mother for the delivery and here you are asking permission to get your parents and them denying it....and to think that your SIL will come for delivery is beyond imaginable......I don't know I am feeling this will never end.

Sorry to say this but I honestly feel your H has to grow a spine and man up and just inform his parents that your mom is coming for delivery that is it.....how old is he anyways. I don't know if your H is just that childish or just that heartless...don't know which to pick here.

Stay strong and be cheerful...hopefully your H comes to an understanding.

7. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

Well Friends,

My inlaws wanted me to call them again and talk to them and then my FIl mentioned that the way you asked was not proper first you should have asked us to come then we would have given the permission for your mom to come. Instead you just picked the phone and told is that I am thinking of getting my Mom here which is wrong. It does not show respect and blah blah blah I don’t know what he meant but he felt the superiority and happiness that he is giving me permission to get my Mom here. Well whatever friends…I have started visa processing for my MOM. Though it is very less time let’s see what happens….Hopefully if everything goes well by god’s grace my Mom will be here before the baby arrives J……..Thanks to all of you for all your support in these past months. Since the day I got married my only concern was what if they won’t allow to go for my brother’s marriage? What if they won’t allow my mom to come for my delivery? One thing completed and the other thing is in process, if visa gets approved and everything. Next month let it be for couple of months only but I will get my Mom here. I don’t have any other concerns now I will ignore everything in my life. What they speak , how they treat me….I won’t care and only IGNORE thanks to everyone for the ignoring Mantra…….
    Oh God. Visa should get approved.. Please pray for me….and thanks for everyone’s support, wishes and prayer it really helped me a lot……..

8. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

Happy news dear. I will definitely pray for your mom's visa.

Do not worry a thing. God is with you. Relax and enjoy.

9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Wow! Thats such a good news... :thumbsup

You've already given enough stress to the little one (by worrying, being sad , anxiety etc) ... Now, look after him/her well. Be cheerful and happy. Keep talking and singing to the little one.

Big hug to you

10. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Why in the world does your FIL have to give you permission to do anything?!?!

Tell him that what you do is no one else's business but yours and your DH's. You work and earn money and you don't have to answer to your PIL for any of your actions. If you want your mom here, bring her here. End of story.