1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bhula Dena Mujhe ....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by outofthebox, Nov 29, 2013.

1. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Have you listened to the song "Bhula Dena" from Aashiqui 2 ? I found this song quite haunting and loved this melody, but the lyrics gave a sad flavour to this captivating piece of music.

The past one year until now has taught me so much of life skills, which I am sure is only possible through self-realization. And it has made me a very strong person on an intellectual and emotional level. Whenever I go through a volley of emotions, I tend to listen to a lot of music.I love music in any form and if the tune is catchy enough for me, I try to learn from the lyrics as well....

And these days, I have started practicing gratitude which has actually changed me as a person. Maybe your life is screwed up completely, but if we try to look out for even the littlest of things that make us happy, we definitely tend to shift the focus to a much positive level. After a long struggle, I have realized it the hard way...

Now enough of a lot of "I"'s and "Me" ranting...
    So as I was saying, I am so caught up with this song "Bhula Dena" that I wanted to find a positive way to listen to it and not moan....!

It was then that I remembered, once Kamalji had written a snippet last year about The 5 Vices. (Phew ! I had to backtrack Kamalji's posts and it took me a while to dig his treasure :)) And I remember giving a feedback that Kamalji had chosen such an apt time as Diwali to talk about those vices. I felt as though it was a post to induce the awareness of inner light !!!

So on that note, I came up with this idea of a duet between the "good thoughts" and "bad thoughts"..:) Just like a fairly tale or a moral-of-the-story type of ending, the good wins over the bad....Mr. Bad then bids goodbye to Mr.Good and sings this song....And I also wanted to make sure that the "customized duet" conveys my idea properly, for which I took the support of this link on the net that has a translation of this song as well....Though I am in no way connected to that person, thanks to that blogger who translated it, and having given me a topic to rant about :)

Each one of us may have some negativity built up within us at certain points of time in our lives. So by listening at this song from a different perspective, probably one could rid of the negativity within ourselves....No one is perfect. We all have our own flaws and strengths. So I imagined as though the positive side (Mr.Positivity) and negative side (Mr.Negativity) within us are singing a duet of the song Bhula Dena, which goes like this :)

First the "Negativity" within us sings :
    (Please see the translation from the above link for those who cannot understand the meaning...)

Bhula dena mujhe
    Hai alvida tujhe
    Tujhe jeena hai mere bina
    Safar yeh tera, yeh raasta tera
    Ho teri saari shoharatein Hai yeh dua
    Tujhi pe saari rehmatein Hai yeh dua

Bhula dena mujhe
    Hai alvida tujhe
    Tu hi hai kinaara tera
    Tu hi toh sahaara tera

Tu hi hai taraana kal ka
    Tu hi toh fasaana kal ka
    Khud pe yakeen tu karna
    Banna tu apna khuda
    Tu hi hai kinaara tera
    Tu hi toh sahaara tera
    Tu hi hai taraana kal ka
    Tu hi toh fasaana kal ka

Khud pe yakeen tu karna
    Banna tu apna khuda
    Fiza ki shaam hoon main
    Tu hai nayi subah

Listening to this, the "Positivity" within us sings:

Khilengi jahaan bahaarein sabhi
    Mujhe tu wahaan paayega
    Rahengi jahaan hamaari wafaa
    Mujhe tu wahaan paayega
    Milunga main iss tarah waada raha
    Rahunga sang main sada waada raha

Once again "Negativity" pitches in and sings:

Bhula dena mujhe
    Hai alvida tujhe
    Tujhe jeena hai, haan mere bina

Now I can listen to this song without having to feel sad that someone is being separated from someone.What say,huh ? ;-)

10 people like this.

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OOTB,

Welcome back after such a long time.And thanks for giving me so much bhav in yr post, i wish i deserved half of it, but thanks anyway.

just today morning, in the DNA news paper , there is a 400 word spirituality column, which harsha my wife read and told me, kamal this is what u keep telling me all the time, and see here it is. written by someone else, it says, u dont need too much, tere is a proportion between the wealth u have, and the desires u keep. So if ur have desires lesser than yr wealth, u are rich, and ir ur wealthj keeps increasing but so do yr desires, u are poor, or something to that effect.

i guess we all learn from reading, and then contemplating at times on the inner meaning.

And look at Tarun Tejpal, his vice is Kaam, that is lust for sex, Modi has this lust for power, i am watching all this with interest, and seeing who has which vice, and when i meet u, i too will judge u then.HAHA

See what a bad person i am, lovely post, yep, we have both positive and negative in us, it is that what we focus on.

we just lost last week , my pet dog, , and we are very sad at that. We buried him in our lawns, but my family has made me promise i wont write about hiom. But what ia m saying , is that the postive is, he lived a good life, he completed 10 healthy yars, barring the last two months, the positive is that he made us happy fopr 10 years, and sad for 2 months nmaybe, so the positive far outweights the negative.

i loook life at that wya, and i am luike a satisfied cat.HAHA

Regards

kamal

3 people like this.
  3. outofthebox

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you so much for a warm welcome....:)
    Its just that I had gone into hibernation for a while ;-)

You definitely deserve the full credit and I certainly meant it...
    I have seen the way you carry yourself inspite of your tough times....Am definitely inspired by it.....

And I am really sorry for the loss of your pet. I cannot say that I understand what you are going through, because I have not been in the same shoes as yours. All that I know is this - a loss of a loved one is something that can never be replaced, but I am sure that your pet's memories will keep you through pleasant times. Maybe you can just think that he is just sleeping in your lawn. So you can always go and talk to him whenever you feel like.

I know that the chirpy Kamalji also has a soft and tender side, which I have seen in a few of your posts......So that side of yours will carry you along all the rough tides....!

Thanks for stepping in so quickly to my post. I am glad that this post has allowed you to remind you of all the good memories with your pet :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear OOTB,

thanks to you, now I have heard another song that I like. And thanks to the lyrics that you have provided I could read through them as I heard the song. Quite an intense song. Yes, you are right it is all in perception and we can interpret the song the way you have interpreted and I will go ahead a step further and say perhaps we can look at the bad in others also in the same light - like it is asking us to forget that part in them and see the good! Nice isn't it?

As to what you speak of Kamalji, he indeed is a good man, a very good man! Please allow me to say sorry to Kamalji at the loss of his pet dog, was that Bingo? So sorry Kamalji but you have rightly said he has only left a positive mark in your life. No doubt you will miss him.

4 people like this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Awww OOTB! Beautiful verse and breath-taking melody.

I heard this song few months back and fell head-over-heels-over-toes love with the number. I did not watch the film as I've been told that it has a poignant ending. No please no, it took me weeks to come to terms that SRK died in KHNH. I can't bear Aditya Kapur put me through the same harrowing experience again.

Now who would have thought that you will compose a Shakespearean play with the duet in mind, the good vs the evil, the positive vs the negative, the need to change vs the need to let go off! I'm highly impressed with your creative urge to see shade of existentialism in perceiving things that touch our heart, a deeper meaning to connect with abstract and pouring elixir to bring to live the dance of dualism.

Splendid, splendid, super-splendid! I've always loved the song but the new connotation you have attached to the characterization is making me to love it more, to blare the music, swirl like a dervish and merge with the sublime feeling.

Thank you!

3 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Wow OOTB! Nice to see you back here and what a come-back! Hats off to your positive spirit and to the way you have faced all your tribulations during the last one year.

Loved the very imaginative and original way in which you have interpreted that song. Have not heard it but will surely do so now. :-D

3 people like this.
  7. outofthebox

Thanks a lot Sabitha for another interpretation of this fabulous song ! See how each one's perception differs?

When you point one finger towards a person, the remaining four fingers point back to you....I guess human body has been "designed" in such a way that we can learn a lot by just observing ourselves first and then move on to the others :)

And oh, when I talk about perception, these days I get so much reminded of my (late) father....And I picturised in my mind as though he was singing this song to me :) Because a decade ago, I wouldn't have imagined I could be the person that I am today. And I think he is giving me the strength indirectly, even without his physical presence....! :)

Thanks again for again making me write and write after a very long time :)

2 people like this.
  8. outofthebox

Am really touched by your feedback Uttara...I didn't expect so much of appreciation for the way my mind actually worked this morning....but I just knew I had to pen down my thoughts :)

hahaha....you could not come to terms that SRK 'died in KHNH'....I know sometimes movies are so powerful that we can't get over reel life also !! :)
    even if you don't watch that movie, the songs are such a marvelous creation that I just can't take off those songs from my playlist !

Oh my ! don't compare my snippet with that of Shakespeare ! His plays and writing is something that has always been beyond my understanding; I mean if you were to read the original ones and not the abridged versions..! But yes I thank you for those compliments and I am really touched ;-)

9. outofthebox

I told ya that my mind is over-working these days, didn't I ? ;-) ;-)
    I think some adventure was missing in my life because of which all those happened in the past year ! And now I know that if I have to write something, then I have to set about looking for "adventures"...LOL !

Do listen to this song...and you will soon find out why I am so damn crazy about this song ! :)

1 person likes this.
  10. oaktree12

oaktree12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the song with meaning. You r imagination is super like negativity telling bye to positivity.