Bhagavad Gita – An Introduction to the text

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ksv

ksv Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,

Great Start!!.. The write up clearly explains the fundamentals ie. why the Gita & that too in the battle field.

Just like Lord Krishna has given Gita to the mankind in an easy & understandable form, U r making it much more easier & understandable to the IL family. Not an exaggeration , but felt like sharing this feeling of mine with u.
    Thank u so much &. Eagerly waiting for the next write up.

regards
    ksv.

1 person likes this.
  2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear ksv,
    Thank you very much for the F B.
    I am amazed that you, youngsters are eagerly waiting to "gobble up" these posts.
    I am now getting scared, how far I will be able to come up to your expectations ! I leave it to Devi& my Guru to be with me in fulfilling this challenging task.
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  3. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Beautiful !!!
    Vera enna solradhu indha write-up-a pathi !!!

I can absolutely relate to Arjuna's condition when the Gita was recited...he was confused and emotional till the Lord Himself rescued and guided him ... I hope each of us will also meet our 'Sarathi' at some stage in life to guide us in the right path...

Romba nannri Chithra..

Ippadikku
    Your humble student,
    Pavithra

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  4. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Dear Mom,
    Very good writting up, I am dump about the Gita and its meaning, never tries to learn, but you are giving some lighting up here for me to read. You have written in such a way that people like me who can understand Gita. Let me hope One fine day I can grasp the whole Gita. Thanks for your post.

Love
    Birundha

1 person likes this.
  5. Chitvish

Dear Pavithra,
    F Bkku mikka nandri !
    according to our Shastras, Guru will appear at the right time to guide us.
    It is up to us to make an intention & pray. Fructification is in Lord's hands !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Birundha,
    Thankyou for the F B.
    Believe me, I was "literally" scared of learning Gita because, I had the most foolish fear that learning it will create detachment ! A friend of mine literally "goaded" me into vedanta classes. I am forever indebted to her for helping me enter a treasure-island !
    I am not capable of high sounding language at all !So what I write will be in a simple language only !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.
  7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chith,
    This week's post is a good start after the careful foundation you are laying.I love the sugar coated pills.Pills ,of couse only to thiose who have been shying away from vedanthic jargons as they call the expressions and definitions.. Yes' you have opened the treasure chest and We are all waiting for our share. Will I get a bigcut?
    Regards,
    Meenu

8. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear ChitVish,

Such wonderful similes and metaphors in your writing make it all the more easy for us to understand your write-ups. I esp. enjoyed and understood the setting of the Gita explanation, Hungry man enjoys water most.. etc.

Also, your kind words to Pavithra about God will guide us at the right time gives me some reassurance.

Love
    Vidya

9. Chitvish

Dear Meenu,
    Your F B gives me a reassurance, honestly !
    As you rightly said, I am laying the foundation, brick by brick, very carefully. The subject is such !
    Before I go to Atma in the second chapter, I have a lot of vedantic terms to be explained, including what is Atma. Needless to say, I am praying hard that what I write should reach you easily as well as enjoyably.
    Want a big cut? - make an honest intention, the cut will be BIG & not just big !
    Love,
    Chith.

10. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    You are always sweet in your F Bs & make me feel proud as if my writing is really good - ha ha ha !
    In Gita class, I am all ears & just grab all the enjoyable similes & metaphors, my teacher uses. I use them to the best advantage, quoting suitably wherever and whenever required.
    We need not advertise for a guru, Vidya. When a person is ripe, when he has discovered his problem and sincerely seeks a solution, then it is the law of the Lord that the guru must be around. somebody, somehow will come !
    Love,
    Chithra.

1 person likes this.