Beware of what you ask a Genie!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by prathi, Mar 7, 2006.

1. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

A man walks into a restaurant with a full-grown ostrich behind him. The waitress asks for their orders. The man says, "A hamburger, fries and a coke," and turns to the ostrich, "What's yours?"

"I'll have the same," says the ostrich.

A short time later the waitress returns with the order. "That will be $9.40 please," she says and the man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change for payment.

The next day, the man and the ostrich come again and the man says, "A hamburger, fries, and a coke."

The ostrich says, "I'll have the same."

Again the man reaches into his pocket and pays with exact change. This becomes routine until the two enter again later in the week. "The usual?" asks the waitress.

"No, this is Friday night, so I will have a steak, baked potato, and salad," says the man.

"Same," says the ostrich.

Shortly the waitress brings the order and says, "That will be $32.62." Once again the man pulls the exact change out of his pocket and places it on the table.

The waitress can't hold back her curiosity any longer. "Excuse me, sir. How do you manage to always come up with the exact change out of your pocket every time?"

"Well," says the man, "several years ago I was cleaning the attic and found an old lamp. When I rubbed it a Genie appeared and offered me two wishes. My first wish was that if I ever had to pay for anything, I would just put my hand in my pocket and the right amount of money would always be there."

"That's brilliant!" says the waitress. "Most people would wish for a million dollars or something, but you'll always be as rich as you want for as long as you live!"

"That's right. Whether it's a gallon of milk or a Rolls Royce, the exact money is always there," says the man.<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","
    \n
    \nThe waitress asks, &quot;But, sir, what\'s with the ostrich?&quot;
    \n
    \nThe man sighs, pauses, and answers, &quot;My second wish was for a tall\nchick with a big butt and long legs who agrees with everything I say.&quot;\n
    \n *</i>
    \n<tr>\n<td>*\n\n
    \n<table width\u003d\"100%\">\n<tr>\n<td width\u003d\"50%\">* \n<td width\u003d\"25%\">\n*
    \n<td width\u003d\"25%\">\n*
    </td></td></td></tr></table>\n

</td></tr></td></tr></table>\n*\n\n<table width\u003d\"100%\">\n<tr>\n<td width\u003d\"100%\" bgcolor\u003d\"white\"></td></tr></table>\n
    \n

</div>",0]);D(["ce"]);//--></SCRIPT>

The waitress asks, "But, sir, what's with the ostrich?"

The man sighs, pauses, and answers, "My second wish was for a tall chick with a big butt and long legs who agrees with everything I say."

</FONT></P>

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

A good one, Prathi !

Thank God, only butt & legs - nowhere near your "prize winning title" ! Ha ha ha !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

You said it!!!!

hahaha ....i am laughing so much...hahahahaha

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  4. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Hearty laugh at the joke and the comments too!!!!

As if I wasn't already rolling on the floor reading the joke, Mrs Chitra puts a cheeky comment in there making me almost fall off!!!

Awesome prathi!!! (the joke and your title for the untitled story...apologies for congratulating late, was all into studies and work.)
    A very apt title I must say!

Lots of love-
    Shalini

5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shal!!!

Hi Shal,

I agree with you!!! Mrs Chithra has a gr8 sense of humour. If she had not mentioned, i would have thought she belongs to our generation!!! (she has proved she is young at heart and age does not matter)

Thanks for the wishes!!! No probs if u r late!!! BTW what r u studying?

Take care

6. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

You are lovely!

Prathi,

You seem to be there always (should I say omnipresent??!!) helping our friends and answering queries just like our dear Mrs Chitra:)

I am just abt to start school in a week, so preparing for the same. Aspiring to get a masters degree in human resource management(MS in HRM). Doing an internship(voluntary work) alongside so that too keeps me busy learning new stuff.

Good luck with your recipe/jokes/work-related info forums...wow so many for you gal!! Keep up the upbeat atmosphere around!

Love
    Shalini

7. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

all the best!!! study well!!!

Shal,

Thanks for your sweet words. i Just love this forum, so always here. Moreover, as i am learning some new software related stuff, i am online till my daughter is home from school.

bfn tweetie (sweetie!!) keep flying!!!

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prathi & Shal !

Thankyou both for commenting that I am still young at heart !
    In real life, I have to don the roles of MIL, Grandmother etc when I restrain myself. But once I enter I L forum, seeing you all around & interacting with you, I go back to my young ( naughty?) days !
    I should thank you for lifting my sagging morale !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My God, Chitra and Prathi!

The description of Ostrich's vital statistics and Chitra's pointing out the missing number, My God, you women make me blush! As a single man I am powerless against naughty women and that too on the eve of International women's day.

Kidding apart I had a very good laugh this morning and there is no better way to start a hectic day than by a hearty laugh.
    Thanks Prathi and Chitra!

sridhar

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

this is real fun........

Dear Prathi, the genie post was tooo goood and most important, did I hear that comments from Chitra.......
    You guys are having real fun here and that catches up with others toooo.

Nice post and extra nice comments.....