1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Amway\Alticor\Quixtar Multilevel Marketing

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by simplegal85, Dec 3, 2010.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

The fact remains that for a job, which is a pyramid, there is more maddening rush!

2. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

I want to share my experience too_Once i saw this thread i started laughing:rotfl.me and my husband went to walmart and one student came near us and start talking to us very nicely and she said she loves children a lot.my husband recognised her becoz he saw her file has a paper with heading called BUSINESS OPPURTUNITY.so he commented to me that if she likes children ask her to come to our house and do baby sitting,we will go for a trecking.next day she will run away after oneday of baby sitting with our son.He is very naughty.

Second case,becoz we met that girl we become very cautious,so another guy we met in target and he starts roam in and around us with his kid.and introduces himself and said he wants to come to our home withut us inviting him.my husband immediately said EVEN AVANETHAAN:rotfl.so he came to our home at 9.30 that too in the weekday and slowly he start explain abt his business and ask us to involve and also invite us to his home.but we directly said our main focus is our child so we are not that much interested.then after that he didnt even bother to call us or nothing..

Third case,we met him in the Indian stores.he start talking to us in our languageand he said he has a business meeting near our home,so he wants to come to our home.that time is navarathri so i was very happy to receive them i made tea and that guy was very social and very sportive when he talks.his wife is also doing the same business.i was happy that i had somebody on navaratri in overseas to give manjal kungumum.anyway asuasal my husband found that EVAN AVANETHAAN:rotfl.they came in the morning and spent an hr and a half and we replied the same one that our main focus is our son.

All are different people

SO BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

And they'll tell you 'Naan avan illai' :biglaugh

4. Swethasri

:rotflits extremely joke u know spy and me and my husband will start laughing if somebody comes and talk like this.we didnt have anyother case after that becoz there are no indians in around us for abt 10 miles.sometimes we feel pitty on them too.

5. Swethasri

No Rodama,we have not invited there are saying,they want to come and talk abt this.how can we say just no infront of there face.we dont want to do that either.by their talk we found there are not a killer,so not to worry abt that.

6. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

During the last week of last year, things were slow at work. A friend of mine told me that an Indian girl works in his group. I have seen her around. I saw her appear on Instant Messenger and I IM'd her asking whether I could stop by her desk. She asked "What is this about?" I was tempted to say "Amway" but resisted the temptation since she doesn't know my sense of humor.

I went over to her desk and had a very pleasant conversation. She has a PhD in electrical engineering but is quite modest. She is from Uttarakhand. I am interested in Everest and we had a nice chat about kala patthar and the base camp area. She is a Garhwali. Before I left, I told her that I almost answered her "What is this about?" question with an "Amway". We both had a nice chuckle. She told me that she met someone at the temple who wanted to come to her house (about 65 miles away) and did come. Reason: Amway :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Hey Sojo...can I talk to you about something?

8. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Can we talk here? [I don't have Private Message access here. I am not even quite sure how it works.]

9. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Yes, sure we can.

its about .....................

'Amway' !!!! lol :rotfl

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  10. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

OK, you got me. I didn't see this coming. I thought that you were going to ask me a favor or something and that's why I got all serious. I am willing to try and help, as long as it is not someone with a hand in my pocket (as the Amway folks do).