Beware! No Aadhaar(UID) : No refill of cooking gas cylinder

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by gopalan1937, Nov 1, 2011.

1. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

There was a news item in yesterday's Hindu that the Ministry of Petroleum& Natural Gases has issued a circular that in future refill of cooking gas cylinders will only be made to customers having Aadhaar number.
    Stealthy way to promote Aadhaar which has not taken off as expected.My attempts to find out centres issuing Aadhar near my area (Adyar) has not borne fruit. My queries so far has drawn blank.
    Website of Aadhar is not of much help for Chennai residents.
    Gopalan

2. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Recently Indian overseas bank in Indira Nagar held a campaign to issue aadhar cards for its customers. It was followed by other banks too.

3. gopalan1937

Thanks Igirish . I will check it up. SBI,Adyar when contacted , informed that they held a camp for three days and wound up. There was not much advt like for loan mela. I think post offices are going to do this on a regular basis. Now that Aadhaar is linked with cooking gas cylinders we can expect a rush.
    Gopalan

1 person likes this.
  4. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Did you check Adyar times today? UId cards will be issued by Karvy, above Naidu Hall, Gandhi Nagar. Details are in page 5.

5. usharaja

usharaja Gold IL'ite

You can get the details of the Aadhaar card from the Head Postoffice,Chennai.
    Usha

1 person likes this.
  6. gopalan1937

I shall visit Karvy to get the details. Thanks Igirish.
    Gopalan

7. gopalan1937

i was trying to locate a centre near Adyar only. Commuting to HPO, either to Anna Salai or to Parrys corner is painful. Thanks anyway Usharaja.
    Gopalan

8. gopalan1937

Though the Head post office at Anna Salai was made a centre for Aadhar card issue, seems people who flocked there were made to wait long and many returned disgusted. Recent news report says only about 2000 people had applied in chennai city.
    We may expect the govt to announce incentives.
    gopalan

9. gopalan1937

house wives may breathe a sigh of relief. AAdhar cards have been shelved for the present due to paucity of funds. As at present one is not sure whether it will be revived.
    gopalan

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Yes gopalansir, we infact had a discussion in our apartments yesterday. we thought we will wait for some more time see how it sways before we fill in the registration. i was told there are lots of complains.

i am sure the gas companies will now be lenient.. either-wise it takes around 45 days for the next cylinder to reach your home if your gas company is a active one..