1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Best Ways For Stress Relief..

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by anika987, Jun 14, 2022.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Health is very important.Our manifestation of negative emotions especially stress causes I’ll health.Time to time we all get into stress mode and use many ways to cope up stress.

Some unfortunately get addicted to vices like smoking,drinking,binge eating or vent out their frustrations on others.

What are some practical ways which help so that people do not spoil their health?

My tips:

1) Yoga and pranayama
    2) exercise,walking etc
    3) Eating comfort food meaning good health warm home cooked meals
    4) Watching movies we like
    5) Music
    6) Shlokas
    7) Good sleep

Emotional care which works:

Empowering ourselves
    Respond and not react
    Keeping mental detachment
    contentment and gratitude
    Changing to the right perceptions
    Acceptance
    Journaling the thoughts
    Trying not to succumb to peer pressure by being self aware
    Loving ourself by jotting our positive points and accepting our weakness

The above have made me come a long way and also not spoilt my health.

Mental and physical health keep one neutral and state of bliss.

Kindly share your cope up mechanisms so that it helps others

curlytweethere and madhat like this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Developing detachment helps . Understanding what is in our control and what is not in ours helps
    Habit tracking is something which has helped last few months to get me on track . Irrespective of stress we need to continue to move forward in our life
    For me I get frozen . I’m slowly and steadily building habits which are helping me to overcome stress.

3. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

Hey anika987 ,
    All your tips would def. work. can I add one more to it?

A good social life - it can be a very good set of friends with whom you go our once a month or something. That is surely a stress buster. You should actually look forward to that day to meet those people.

Also a close friend it can be even just one with whom you can confide and rant out. someone who does not judge you. It can even be your own hubby :)

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Very True but sometimes it does not happen to lot of people and one should strive to not lose hope or feel down coz they have no close people.Many a times it leads to depression or people pleasing to have a social circle.Social media also makes it worse.

If people are blessed with a good environment..it is absolutely great and one should have a lot of gratitude.Not everyone has with a good family,spouse or good set of friends and So I feel we should feel complete with ourselves and not people please and let things happen organically also.That way one does not feel the pressure or able to handle pressure better.

madhat likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I agree with the habit tracking.Very good idea

6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Switch off the news channels and social media...

Learn to say no when there is a need.

We are humans and not machines, so don't do things with an expectation of achieving perfection. We all have our own flaws.

Read lot of inspiring and motivating things.

It is ok not to be in the trend and not to know about whats happening currently.

Live and let live.

Love
    Nandini

shyamala1234 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:So far so good ideas jotted already here.

The moment i notice am going to get stressed, should i begin doing pranayama or drink honey or bite dark chocolate? Is it always feasible?

What if the venue of stress happening is my office or in the vicinity of my MIL. A DIL enquires!

Even doing some aerobic infront of the person whose actions or behaviour or and his or her statement induces stress that very moment - looks odd or awakward.

Most ideas are what to do to control or mange after getting good doze of stress. The ideas do contain suggestion to dilute the cortesol harmone generated then got into my bloodstream.

Is it enough to drink some beverage or falooda to cope with?

When stressful situation happens body generates cortesol to cope with situation. When hunter chases a deer, out of fright it leaves the scene in huge hops. But a lion on seeing a hunter is determined to fight and finish him to devour.

But every DIL can’t be a Lion In front of her MIL. But such DIL by mere stare makes her hubby to take fright. Both manage stress beautifully!

Tit for tat seems to be a nice idea. Volatile and vitriolic Words uttered in right volume get cancelled out Or drowned out as voices raised simultaneously by both and both have not heard the other. Net Stress is nil. But pusillanimous FIL, SIL, BIL in the vicinity or proximity gets stressed!

To maintain Stoic silence sometimes best panacea to avoid (additional) stress. Foreseeing future course or events do help avoid or minimize stress situations.
    Strategy too do help to eliminate stress.

Kaikei demanded two boons. Ie. Rama go to forest for 14 significant (!) years: and Bharat coronated at once as King For Ayodhya. Stressed Dasarath holding chest collapsed & expired instantly. Whereas Rama managed stress beautifully. Similarly being disrobed, Draupadi manged stress well, when all her husbands just remained as stressed spectators.

The idea to open the buttons with bedfellow(s) generally work but at bad times at wrong moment with presence of wrong people would boomerang.

Cradle to grave, (wo)man stressed on account of inescapable issues. Those who evove methods to cope do survive. Others kick the bucket. god has willed them so!

madhat and anika987 like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Some devastating news today..
    An young s/w engineer in the next community where we live aged 44 passed away due to chest pain.I am not kidding but this is like the 4th news in my social circle I heard in the past one year all of them very young ranging from late 30’s to early 40’s.. I personally get stressed myself and feel low hearing these news..

Why does chest pain occur so young? Stress? Bad food? Other issues..

why so many complications..all of a sudden someone passing away so young due to cardiac arrest could be due to stress..

Prayers for the family and want everyone to take care of their health.Money is one thing but health is very important

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True about the trend thing..

10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

I heard that some of who got covid before has these heart issues. Don't know doctors can tell better.
    Read that sitting continuously for hours is not good for heart. Every 1 hour, 10 min standing and walking needed.

anika987 likes this.