"Best Summer Vacation that I Ever Had/ Would Like to Have"-Contest for July 2008

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Aarushi, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dearest Vidya,

Congrats on the beautiful amazing write up. I had a great visualisation of the whole trip along your side. I have never been to any of those countries and Lisbon looks like a good place to start.

You have excellent writing skills and this is just proof positive.

Usha and Geevin,

Congrats for getting selected along and close runnersup. I have read Usha's and I know she is very talented but yet to catch up with G.

Good luck ladies:)

2. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost AC

What a coincidence..Things are happenig to me too after reading Ramya's post. I just opened PM to paste this link to you since i did'nt see you here and just saw your response..

As always thanks for your nice words of appreciation. yes Lisbon and its sea are indeed a place whose beauty is ineffable.

Love
    Vidya

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,
    My heart is swelling with pride as my heroine has got the award, once again. You are right, Vidya. July is your month. You were cast as heroine in A Love Story. You won the FP for July with your insightful writing on birthday. And now this.
    Hearty Congratulations. Now go and tell Arun that I asked him personally, specifally - no I ordered him (I can say that, for you are just about 6 years older than my daughter) to get you a very, very special gift. Well he may say, "Vidya, I have given my love, myself to you. What more do you want."
    Tell him that we can have all those sentimental things later. Right now its his duty to get a good gift for the July Heroine.

I pray to our Goddess Madurai Meenakshi that all months in all the years be yours and Arun's.
    love,
    sridhar

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

It was very beautiful..very poetic....your words, the font and its colour..everything as a whole....

You deserve it. Heartiest congratulations...Running out of adjectives to appreciate your creations...Keep delighting us....

With two winners and being the heroine of our Varalotti's story, you had a hat trick.

5. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya

a very beautiful write-up. I too have never been to these countries. You have taken me along with you.

Congrats.

6. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Usha,

Very sweet of you say such nice words about Vidya...Very magnanimous...

'Thollulagil nallar oruvar ularel avar poruttu ellorkkum peyyum mazhai'....Let the next rain be on your name....

Can I ask you or anyonelse who reads this post to give link for the translation of above mentioned Thirukural which would have already got posted?. Just to go by the same words. Thanks in advance.

Congrats to you, too....Little busy now...Shall read yours asap...

7. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

My dear Sridhar

Thanks as always for your lovely compliments. Arun is making fun of me these days that i should become very beauty conscious being crowned as a heroine in IL. Yes i already sent your feedback link to him, so he better behave..Will keep you posted on his comments.

Thanks for standing by me Sridhar..

Love
    vidya

8. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Oviya

Thanks for your kind wishes. You are always a great source of encouragement for all my writings..The hat trick was a real delectation.

Love
    Vidya

9. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dearmost Usha (my best buddy)

Thanks for your kind words. Lisbon is a place to visit for its beauty and people. Sure keep it in your list to visit sometime.

Love
    Vidya

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Oviya

You are too kind. I only stated the fact that Vidya is far better writer than me.
    I will look up for this Kural in my book. I am not well versed to do Kural translation,
    I am managing to do the posts courtesy of my book.

Love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.