Best Saving Scheme

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Ooviya, May 21, 2010.

1. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Shaishav

Thanks for your quick reply. I give below my answers in BLUE below:
    First of all hats off to you and congratulation for suggesting mutual fund investment to your driver.

Thanks for your kind appreciation Shaishav.

So we are holding them. Do you have any suggestions on this?

Will only be able to suggest after knowing your current investments

Will let you in my later mails. I have to cumulate everything.

Secondly, if I want to save in my daughter's name (22) what are the

I would suggest you to go for a fixed deposit or a fixed maturity plan. I will suggest you some in my next post.

Thanks a lot. I await your next post.

He can leave the lump sum investment for his elder daughter and also start SIP in balanced mutual fund for 3 years after which his daughter will require funds for college education. For his younger daughter I would suggest to start a SIP in diversified equity mutual fund.
    Thanks for your suggestion. Can you also suggest which SIP and how much approx. monthly he needs to save? Also suggest for the SIP in div.EMF.

Which scheme he has invested 5000?
    He invested in TINFG (Tata Infrastructure Fund-Growth) in July 2008 before the eco down turn.

Kind Regards,

Shanti

2. ksv

ksv Senior IL'ite

Hi Shaishav,
    thank you for your kind reply.. will get back to you soon.

thanks and regards
    ksv

3. Arun

Arun New IL'ite

Buy house or invest in bank FD and mutual funds

Hi,

I have 30 lakh rupees in hand would like to invest what are the options i have now

1. Buy house or apartment in Hyderabad( for renting only ,no need of house in india now)
    2.invest in bank FD and mutual funds (which give the interst almost equal or more than rent amount.)

which is the best option?
    should i consult financial adviser

4. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Re: Buy house or invest in bank FD and mutual funds

Hi Arun,

Where to invest depends on a lot of other questions you need to answer, like:
    What do you want to invest for (your goal)?
    How many years you can stay invested?
    Even if you want to stay invested for long term, do you need easy access to your money?
    How much rental income will you get after deducting the taxes and the maintenance cost?

Consulting a financial planner is a good option but the only problem here is that you should get unbiased information. He should not be more focused on his target than your targets.

I can help you here if you answer the above questions.

Regards,

Shaishav

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  5. Arun

Arun New IL'ite

Hi Shaishav,

Right now i dont have an exact goal because i am married but staying alone due to personal problems and don't have kids.

I am having this amount in SBI savings account it gives only 3.5% interest, i would like to invest to get more than what i am getting.

I am planing to invest for long time say 5 to 7 years, even more than that because i don't have any urgent needs to use this money except investing in an apartment or some property, yes i would like to have easy access for some amount.

I guess rental income will come around 10,000 for a month if i buy a apartment or house.but if i buy a house the value my increase after 5 or 7 years and amount will be safe. even in Bank FD it will be safe, but i am getting suggestions that investing in real estate is good idea that value will increase and it will give some amount in the form of rent.
    I dont have any knowledge in investments like mutual funds.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  6. SamTHorn

SamTHorn New IL'ite

Very good tips here. I have children so I don't agree with one point. There are a lot of other great tips from others. Thank you all for your tips.

:bowdown

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2010
  7. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Arun,

The estimated rental income of 10,000 per month after taxes will come to approx 8000 per month which is equal to 3.2% per annum on your capital of 30Lakh. So it would be correct to say that you are only looking at capital appreciation without losing the saving account interest of 3.5% per annum. Correct me if I am wrong.

Having 30 lakh with you and not knowing where to invest is very very risky. I will not suggest you a specific investment option.

I will tell you what I would have done with 30 Lakh if it was my money keeping in mind all the knowledge I have about investments. I will simply opt for a portfolio management service offered by one of the reputed asset management companies. This I am sure will be the best option because we are too emotional with our money to be handling it ourselves. The charges will be 2.5% per annum of your corpus and the returns will be in the range of 15-25%.

If you opt for PMS you will have full control over your funds and you also will be confident, as professionals and experts from the industry will be managing your money. I am talking about asset management companies which manage 5000 crores under their PMS Service. I guess the PMS Service can now be availed with an investment amount of 30 lakh which is a plus for you as it was 50 lakh previously.

The idea here is to hire professional if you don’t have the knowledge. Don’t go for PMS offered by broking houses as they will just churn your portfolio to maximize their brokerage.

If you want some more information on this I can suggest you good AMCs which offer PMS.

Kind Regards,

[FONT=&quot]Shaishav[/FONT]

8. shaishav

shaishav Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanti,

I would suggest your driver to invest maximum amount possible every month because the time frame is less. He can continue with his TATA infra fund.

Now about FMP for your daughter. Fixed Maturiy Plan(FMP) are specialized schemes from mutual fund houses for investor looking for better return as compared to FDs and security. FMP invest in bonds, govt securities etc. There are various options in terms of the tenure i.e. you can invest for a 30 day scheme or a 90 day scheme and most of the mutual fund houses have 12-13 months scheme as well.

Let me know if you want to know more about FMP. I can suggest you some.

Regards,

Shaishav

9. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi shaishav,

I would like to ask u why r u so against investing in Gold .My knowledge regarding investments is not good as yours, but as far as current trend is concerned real estate and gold seems to be the safest option.
    as far as buying rate and selling rate is concerned , they are not applicable on gold coins , only on gold ornaments.
    I bought 31.100 gms gold coin for 28500 before 2 yrs , now the value of it has become 56000 . almost double and it only appreciates , so no risk, whereas stock market is very risky and is not safe , u could end up losing money. I am not greedy for more returns. I want my money to grow at the same time it is very imp that i don't lose the principal amount
    regards
    april

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Could you please suggest some! It would help alot