1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Romantic Dinner you ever had!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by meerajesh59, Feb 3, 2011.

1. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    On this valentine month, lets share the best romantic dinner we ever had.

Let me initiate the discussion.

When I was working, my husband used to pick me in the evening if he is free.
    One fine evening he came and I too started with him. We were travelling in the usual road and we were talking about how the day was. Our discussion was very interesting and so i didnt noticed where we were. Once I realized that we were in wrong way. I asked him where are we going and he said just to home. But I m too sure that we cant reach home on that way. I was going on asking him, the only thing he said was he kidnapped me.
    I understood that he is planning for a surprise. I was little worried about my inlaws that they will be searching us. He took me from Anna Nagar to Tiruvanmiyur. He took me to my favourite restaurant there. I was really surprised. He reserved a table under a hut for us. We reached there by 7 and returned home by 10.30. I already informed my inlaws that he planned for a surprise.
    I really enjoyed that romantic dinner and I will never forget that evening in my life. :crazy
    He is really a surprise package.

Eagerly waiting to hear yours.......

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear...nice thread

So letme share my romantic dinner story which happened a few months back...

Few months back,for the first time my In laws had to go to chennai for 4 days for a very important personal work...so which means i had to handle all the work at home(apart from my office work) ..which would "not at all be a very difficult task" ,but right now i cannot utter that sentense with my DD around...i had a small shiver inside but managed to say "no problem,i ll take care of everything" to my In laws...to make a special mention,that was the first time after my delivery i am taking the complete responsibility of handling work at office,home and DD all at the same time and that too for 4 days :spin

We had decided to leave DD with our neighbours(2 -3 families who are very nice and they by themselves agreed that they would take care of DD) as i was not fine to leave her in day care...me and DH could not take leave/permission as it was just a week before we all returned back from the 10 day trip (DD's AyushHomam)...

In laws left for chennai ...DH leaves for office at 7.30 AM...food from his office canteen usually causes lot of stomach problems so i myself had decided that i would prepare breakfast and lunch(just like MIL) for all these days..since DH likes the food items i prepare and also it has been a long time since i really cooked some nice food for DH.i decided to cook different items on all these 4 days...so saw indusladies and took some nice recipies and decided i would do this for breakfast,that for lunch and that one for dinner..prepared a chart...

so started the first day of my test::DD dint allow me to have a peaceful sleep...got up at 6.30..DH has to leave at 7.30AM...omg..DH got up,went to the shop and brought milk packets...meanwhile i was thinking wat to do since i woke up late...DD woke up...had to attend her immediately and then made her sleep..DH said,"its ok ..no need to prepare anythin"...i dint listen..prepared dosa and onion chutney...packed and gave him..DD woke up and was clinging on to me the whole time...dint prepare anythin for lunch...meanwhile neighbour came...took DD to her house and also came and gave upma for breakfast..so sweet
    handed over all necessary things for DD(like ceralac,kanji powder,etc etc) to neighbour,packed the upma and the left out dosas and went to office...hectic office...DH called a number of times to check whether i have left for office,took lunch ,had lunch,to say he has left office at 5 PM(this was becoz i cannot leave early),...he too has hectic office work too but still managed to leave...

My mobile got switched off in the evening..was not able to contact him...usually if we both are alone,at times if he reaches home a little early,he would call and ask whether any vegetable needs to be cut for dinner..this time i was not able to do that and i also dint want him to do as i knew he wud be busy taking care of DD...by the time i reached home it was 7.30 PM and OMG ,again i was late:bonk.....the door was open,dint hear DD sweet voice,the TV was not switched on,DH was not on the sofa enjoying his evening...i could just hear sound from the kitchen,tot DH was taking some snacks..went in thinking "Oh god..poor DH would be very hungry..i am late ,wat to prepare"...(i usually dont call DH for household chores on weekdays as his work invoves a lot of physical activities and he has some back problems which cause hurt often)...

went inside the kitchen to see DH busily making curry...he had the tamarind paste ready and rice was soaked in water..it has to be placed on the burner top tats it...i was surprised...he asked me to taste the curry and check whether everythin was fine...i really would not mind even if the curry was half cooked or over fried,or even if it was salty or hot becoz it was from DH's hand,nope i could never find any mistake,it was perrrrfect....i atleast tot he would leave the kitchen once i entered...but he dint move..he asked what should be done for sambar..i said its ok,i ll do rasam,tats faster...saying so,i went to fresh myself up...returned back to see DH was done with curry and had was arranging everythin for making the next item...i immediately took over and started preparing rasam...meanwhile he washed all the vessels and lunch boxes that were in sink...meanwhile DD came back from neighbour's place and he took care of her...after everything was done, we had dinner and immediately DD started getting hungry..so after i finished off dinner,i went to prepare food for DD and then took her out to give food..meanwhile i had asked DH to take rest as he said he was not feeling too god yesterday morning...but by the time i came back,DH took all the salt,left out rasam,curry,curd etc,cleaned up the place and i dint have much to do...just small cleaning here and there...then he spread the bed for 3 of us , watched TV and then slept...

I on the other hand was not able to sleep thinking of all tat happened...inspite of his hectic office work and back pain,he came early,took care of DD and helped me to a great extent..so much has not happened on the same day for me...i mean some might think "what big issue it is,this is responsibility of every DH" but still, more than the help he did,i adore the wonderful love that he had for me ,the care for my health and the respect he had for my career becoz he could have told me very well to take leave and take care at home but he dint...

It definetely was a sweet shock for me...i really love my DH..he s always the best..anyways after that,i did boast abt him and his help to the neighbour's too...hehehe...

thanks for reading the lenghty post....i couldn't cut anythin in between...

i feel this was a really romantic dinner full of love and care which i could never ever forget in my life...actually i do have many similar to this but this was the first and unexpected....:)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  3. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Sure Swaran. Going out and eating in 5 star hotel is not only a romantic dinner. The dinner which is filled with love, affection and caring is also romantic dinner.

A dinner with old rice and chilly in the moon light with DH is also a romantic dinner.

You are lucky dear to have such a caring DH:thumbsup

4. jananb4u

jananb4u Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Here goes mine..!!!

I and my DH worked for the same concern previously, so we used to get up and came back together. On Jun 6th, 2010 (I remember this date, because it was my best friend's b'day) it was very hectic for me in office... had to attend lots of meetings, calls and in between had to deliver some important deliverables.. DH saw me roaming here and there all the day. He called for evening coffee (we both were in afternoon shift, and so will have lunch @ home.), but couldnt accompany him. But some how, managed everything and started to home by 10:30 PM. I need to cum and then cook our dinner. Nothing was available in the office and it will be late to home, if we go out for dinner. so finally decided to go home and have some quick food.. We were discussing about the menu on the way, DH was so concerned abt me and said, "just make dosa and not to prepare any chutney, will have it with podi.. no prob i can adjust". (Normally he wont have dosa with podi) I was bit sad for this. Finally reached at 11:00 PM... To my fate, totally forgot the fact that, dosa batter was over in the morning. So started to prepare tomato rice and raitha... when its all done, the power went off. :ranti was totally irritated. My friend called me to scold me for not wishing on her b'day (OMG! totally forgot to do that.. i went out and to talk to her, since the power has gone, it was very suffocating.. ) When i came back, here comes the surprise, :), yes as you expect, MY sweet DH has lighten the dining room with full of candles, and played a soft romantic "vaseegara...song in his mobile", and has also sprayed jasmine room freshner..!!!!

Wow..!!! I was on cloud nine..!! simply shocked and surprised..

Gave him a tight hug and atlast started to have dinner.. exactly by the time we had dinner, the power came again..!!!!

I feeled very relaxed as if i was enjoying in a spa..!!

Regards,
    Janani.

5. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Great Janani.

Whenever we feel low and exhausted, We feel little bit relaxed when they are around us.

Lets wait for others to join us. Where are you guys?

6. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Couldnt resist replying to this thread... :) My DH is not a big cook at all, though his friends keep telling me how well he cooks.. I can actually count the number of times he has actually cooked for me..(I can hear him say I have made noodles etc for you..:D), though each time he has made it romantic in his own way

1. This happened when we had been married just 5 months or so... I was down with very high temperarture and was almost delirious.. I managed to pack him off to work and went to bed..He calls me in the afternoon to find out if I had eaten, but no answer as I was fast asleep.. (The only thing I had to eat was a big box of Guillian choclates :D) When he came home in the evening, he was shocked to see me and offered to cook... and made the best 'jeera rasam and kathrikai kari'.. (though I had to chop it for him). When he was done, he mixed the rice with the rasam, put it in a bowl and brought to me saying 'Soodana rasam' (Hot rasam).. he was wearing my apron and had fashioned a chef's hat with a tea towel :rotflTo me that was the first romantic dinner... :)

2. This happened a few weeks back... I was too tired and in no mood to cook after getting home from work. He walks in around 8 pm, to see me all snuggled into a quilt watching 'Murdoch Mystries'... and asks me 'what's for dinner'.. to which he hears 'whatever you make''' :p Even though he was tired, he made me an awesome egg bhurji and heated some frozen parathas. When I went upstairs to change, he made the place so cozy, got the DVD player fired up (to watch Love Actually, I love the movie, he cant stand it)..

I always used to complain that he doesnt cook for me, writing this made me remember all those weekend mornings he would come with a steaming mug of coffee, heat up the store bought ready to eat food, or simply cook Maggi noodles....and with the memory the realisation that even these are simple gestures that shows that he loves me :))

Thank you MeenaRajesh..

Mythili

7. mplathamca

mplathamca New IL'ite

Hi,

we have celebrated our marriage anniversary on Jan 28.. It was great eveing for my couple. I have decorated my house in good romantic way.

Here I am sharing the photos. with all of you.

Thanks,
    Pushpa

Attached Files:

8. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

wow your dinner was superb dear.nice story dear.how romantic and a surprise dinner:)

9. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Very lucky Mythli. Your DH needs an :bowdown

Great Pushpa. I have no words to say how romantic and creative you are. Your husband is really lucky.
    By the way Belated Anniversary Wishes

I know my girls are always romantic. Expecting more.

@soniya, Where is your dining experience?

10. mplathamca

mplathamca New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your compliments.