Best Lunch Boxes For Kid..aged 10..

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Mar 17, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I brought bento box and also stainless steel but it didn’t last long..handles broke and not good quality..

can you forward me some names and good brands or even links through Amazon for lunch boxes?

thanks

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Planet Box has really good stainless steel lunch boxes but the South Indian in me cringes at the dollar price.
    For my kid I use the Bentgo plastic boxes for sending lunch and snacks.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Planet box is good one but it leaks if give pasta with marinara sauce. I alternate planetbox (for Sandwiches, nuggets, dry food) and Milton hot lunch box(brought from india for pasta/rice).

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you friends!

5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

I use thermos containers for lunch. It keeps the food warm. I don't give rice or idly dosa for lunch.
    Sometimes I alternate it with bentgo boxes.

If you need only stainless steel, I bought one lunch box from Amazon which looks similar to the lunch boxes which we took in our old days. But the quality is good too. Didn't use it for kid's lunch yet.

I will try to find the link and send it.

anika987 likes this.
  6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I have all sort of assortment. I use food jars like thermos brand/funtainers ( like 10-15 $ from walmart) and now they have maintays ( 25$) as well. Lunchbox from amazon is very good and expensive. Mira as well, expensive but good.

For cold foods, I give just plastic bento ones, its easy to carry and open for her. I have those from here there shops.
    I know we indian moms think a lot about plastic /warm foods but I have stopped worry now...based on food types, i pack.
    Insulated loose their heat retain capacity after some time and you can pack only 1 things or dry foods.
    Bentgo brand is good, hard to clean though that style.
    many other online lunchboxes are all cheap.

anika987 likes this.
  7. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

it is very expensive. wow. i was using bentgo and offlate thinking about steel ones.

may be need to pull some contacts and get from india.

anika987 likes this.
  8. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

I was doing research into this a while ago. From my understanding, even the most expensive bento boxes are not leak proof. You can give dry food in them but anything wet is a no-no.

Thermos is a good option but my star is my Zojirushi 25 oz food jar. Food is piping hot after 6 hours and the size is perfect for a 10 year and old. You just need to be careful to handwash it and get inside the nooks and crannies of its lid

anika987 likes this.
  9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

@gamma50g, thanks for mentioning Zojirushi brand, expensive side though. You can also get from some chinese/asian grocery stores. In one of my previous team, all the asian co workers had that brand boxes or themos and all sorts. From there i found about this brand and I also own it.
    But I think it has gone much higher now and do not see many options on amazon these days.

anika987 likes this.
  10. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Yup. Zojirushis are pricier compared to Thermoses. However, they also have a longer warranty and retain heat better than thermoses. I personally did not get any of my zojirushis from amazon because of fear of counterfeits. I ordered some of mine directly from zojirushi and got the others through stores with brick and mortar presence.
    P.S. A tip is to keep an eye out for their sale

anika987 likes this.