1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Best cities/states to live in USA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by lg001, Apr 23, 2007.

1. lg001

lg001 New IL'ite

Hi IL,

How about rating the best cities/states in USA.

My rating goes to: California

It's a b'ful place to live with very good weather, full of hi-tech companies, lot of places to visit and lot of Indians to keep the spirit of India alive.

Leena.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I am in California..I will say weather-wise it is a good place but other-wise,I really don't know what is so good here. If you are staying in Bay-area,you have lots of desis, but not anywhere else. Even with so many desis there,many are not very friendly so it really doesn't matter whether you are in the midst of desis or not.

There is a saying-Ikkaraike akkarai pacha....which when translated as it is means-from this shore,the other shore always looks greener.:mrgreen:

3. covergirl

covergirl New IL'ite

It's all depends on person to person, I lived in several places like New Jersey, New York, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Illinois.

I didn't like New Jersey and New York. People are too cold and aggressive drivers. Chicago is good again but the person like me it's not the good place.

If you like outdoor fun activities with your family then you would atleast try live in Wisconsin or Nebraska or in Colarado or Minnesota.

Because winter there are lot of funs like skiing, snow boarding etc, during summer fishing, golfing, lake etc...also lot of fun activities, full of green beautiful trees, houses are big and with lot of lot's space, yet very cheap compared to California, New Jersey or New York.

If you manage the winter, the summer will be great(it won't go more than 90 or 95 degrees), also people are so welcoming though less Indian's the american's treat Indians with respect and very friendly and helpful, that's what I look for. So my preference would be mid-west for seetling.

Well deciplined students, I would like to raise my kids in Mid-West(like NE, WI, IA, or UT).

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Covergirl:
    I have to agree with you 100%. I personally am fascinated with moving to another country (USA) and only mixing with folks from back home and not availing one self of really what the country has to offer including good friendships with the "natives".