1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Believe in God!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, May 24, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    We all know about the story/poem of “Foot prints”. Remember? Yes, the same story where a staunch believer of God and God himself were walking together. Do you remember or shall I tell you again? Ok friends!
    So, one day, a staunch believer of God and God himself were walking together. Obviously they were talking to each other. God asks his believer that how his journey of life has been with God himself being along with him. The believer says, oh yes! It was great indeed. He has felt his presence throughout his life, especially when there were good times. He was able to see two sets of foot prints which showed that you walked with me in my good times. God smiled and said yes. That’s true. Then the believer said, I wanna ask you one question! God said, yes my son, please feel free to ask me anything. This guy gathered some courage and asked God that why was there only one set of footprints when the time was not so pleasant. There was a trouble and his life was not sailing smooth. Where did you run away? You simply vanished into the oblivion or what? God kept smiling! This guy got angrier and thus said, Good God! You didn’t keep your promise to be with me in my thick and thin. How can you be so stern, so stubborn? I have surrendered myself to you and you are so heartless that you didn’t even try to have a look at me when I was in trouble? Still God was smiling. This guy was getting more and more restless.
    Ultimately, God broke his silence and said, “My son, I never my broke my promise. I was always with you. You only told me no that you saw two sets of foot prints in your good times and only one set in your bad time. So please understand, during your good times we were walking together, so two sets of foot prints. And the one set during your bad times was mine as I was holding you in my hands so that you are safe. So that you get some courage to go through that pain. The hot rocks would burn my feet and not yours and harsh blow of wind wouldn’t carry you along! My son, those foot prints were mine, which you saw in your ‘not so good times’. So never ever think that I have left you all alone. I am always there with you. You just trust me and love me. You may leave me but I’ll not.
    Friends! Whenever I remember this story/poem, my eyes are always filled with tears for the simple reason that even I feel his presence with me all the time. Believe me friends; he is always there with us, only we don’t trust him!
    RegsJ

3 people like this.

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Nice message. Thanks for sharing

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear lavanya for your feedback.regs-anu:)

4. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing Anukarsha!

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Anu,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful story (it is worth hearing thousand times) on Christmas Eve.

The Bible clearly teaches that God loves those who are His children, and He “works all things together for good” for us (Romans 8:28). So that must mean that the trials and tribulations He allows in our lives are part of the working together of all things for good. Therefore, for the believer, all trials and tribulations must have a divine purpose. Trials develop godly character, and that enables us to "rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us” (Romans 5:3-5).

If good times are created as grace of the Lord, bad times are experienced to refine the character to become a better being which again demonstrates the love of God.

When Radha asked Lord Krishna, "What blessings the flute got to be always with the Lord, being touched by the holy hand of Lord Krishna and be played by His holy lips?" Lord Krishna replied, "It emptied itself to become an instrument in my hands". We have to raise above the mind to accept both pleasure and pain with equanimity. Sama and Dama are the two guards at the entrance to the Kingdom of the Lord and they don't let us in until we prove to them that we have controlled our senses and mind well during our lifetime. For the Lord to reside in our heart, we have to empty all our baggage and become pure by building our character.

A young Islamic man was very interested in joining a group of people who were planning to visit the Holy Mecca. He worked hard to save some money to join the group and eventually traveled with the group. An elderly man was guiding the group provided invaluable advices for the whole group. One day, he saw this young man sleeping with his legs in the direction of Mecca and the old man told him that he should not do that as it is considered disrespect to Prophet Muhammad. He replied, "Guru, kindly tell me a direction in which God does not exist and I will keep my legs in that direction". The old man was shaken up by this answer. It is our belief that God exists always with us and everywhere that makes life easier.

The manobhava to help fellow beings bring that oneness we seek quickly. My Guru said, "When a devotee seeks with humility and purity to give service and love to His creatures who are in need of such selfless service, as His beloved brothers and sisters, as the blessed manifestation of His immanence, in fulfillment of the role as a Creator, He descends to help, accompany and carry that Yogi. I am always near that Yogi to guide him and to shower His love on his life.

When I see everything you do in your life, the above statement of my Guru comes to my mind. Even though I am not physically present with you, my mind is always with the wonderful services you provide to the humanity. I am truly humbled watching your activities to always be with one with One without the second.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear meril for the like :)