1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Independent As A Newbie Home Maker: Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pinktulip2k, Jun 11, 2016.

1. pinktulip2k

pinktulip2k Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am married for many years now but only recently I have become a home maker as we have a baby and no job. From my 20s I have been working and very dependent on my hubby when it comes to home management. Now I need to manage home and take care of baby all by myself. This seems like a huge responsibility. My hubby needs his time to focus on other important things like finance and his career. I want to be a supportive spouse and understand that I must take up more of household responsibilities to let him have the time to focus on his career. However this transformation is very challenging.

Please guide me with some tips or suggestions from your experience regarding how I could manage my baby and manage my home (cleaning, cooking, laundry and shopping)?

ps: bringing any relative to help is not an option for us.

Itsmylife143 likes this.

2. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Planning is key here. You need to make sure you start your day early...complete your kitchen chores before baby wakes up. Laundry and cleaning you can manage when baby is awake.

pinktulip2k likes this.
  3. pion

pion New IL'ite

Let me share with you how I took care of my kid without involving my husband much.
    Grossary: Store grossary needed for a month.
    Vegetables. purchase and store in fridge- One or twice a week.
    Can do moping, cleaning vessels, drying cloths when your kid is sleeping. Prepare breakfast and lunch in the morning, before DH leaves to office.When your kid is awake, play some music and keep talking to him, fold washed cloth, tidy up kitchen.Chop vegetables, make atta dough when ou nd time inbetween and store in fridge, use when needed. Complete household chores in a day will not take more than 3 hours. Plan the work to be completed before you put him to sleep, and do it while he is sleeping. Try simple receipes on alternate days.

pinktulip2k likes this.