Being Happy Is Making Me Worried

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mangaii, Mar 15, 2024.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Recently I have changed my outlook towards life and I have been able to be positive and happy about everything in life. If something bothers me , I redefine my outlook and instantly changes my mood. But this isn't real me. I'm actually someone who feels more comfortable worrying than being happy and I'm constantly worried that I'm being too happy for small things. Overall it freaks me out this new me. I feel like I have not taking things seriously. Even my kids complain the same that I'm not being serious and I'm goofy all the time. My husband also says the same thing that I'm acting like a kid and I'm not serious about anything. So I'm wondering if this is here to stay or is it phase and I will return back to worry rat Mangaii.
    Has anyone gone through this transformation ? I'm worried that I skipped the whole getting old and returned back to my childhood phase too soon. I also sometimes wonder If I have some big bad news waiting for me and I'm happy before it. Any inputs to calm me down.

2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

हम आने वाले ग़म को खींच तान कर
    आज की ख़ुशी पे ले आते है ..
    . और उस ख़ुशी में ज़हर घोल देते है

Rajesh Khanna's words in the hindi movie Aanand

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  3. jananikrupa

jananikrupa Senior IL'ite

Hi Mangaii

Your post, compelled me to reply. I'm also transformed like this from being an anxious, frustrated woman. It was not a conscious decision but some how that transformation happened, may be due to the extreme level of stress has caused the opposite reaction.

I too feel sometimes, this is not OK, as nothing is impacting me now and this seems an escape route from my problems or issues. But flip side, I'm feeling less worried, happy, relaxed, and trying to see the positive side of everything in life.

Regards,
    Janani

4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

@mangaii

You deserve to be happy. You have all the rights to feel happy for even smallest of small things just like everyone else.

Happiness is very subjective. I feel happy even if i eat my favorite ice cream and i jump up and down while eating while my husband and my kids tell me to calm down. I tell them to loosen up a bit and enjoy life. While they feel happy when they feel they achieved something in life.

ME! I used to worry a lot for everything. The sink doest work...worry. Kids dont wake up on time...worry. Inshort anything and everything used to worry me. I dont know how i changed but i just felt very sad and pathetic to myself. I just stopped worrying one day. I went care-free that day. Smiled a lot. Watched what i loved, ate what i wanted to eat and above all slept nicely and felt refreshed. No way i am going back to being worried!

:rolleyes:

Nope. You deserve to be happy. Another point of being happy is staying positive. Yes, bad things happen. Shitty things happen. But you have and can rise above all that.

One video which changed my outlook on life....Gaur Gopal Das video...i am writing the transcript here..

>> Do you have a problem in life? No! Then why worry?

>> Do you have a problem in life? Yes! Can you do something about it? Yes! Then why worry? (Start doing it)

>> Do you have a problem in life? Yes! Can you do something about it? No! Then why worry? (If something’s beyond our control, worrying about it won’t solve our problem. It will only ruin our peace)

Keep smiling and enjoy you life! After all...Life's just a beautiful thing!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

If we sleep on flowers it is first-night. If flowers sleep on us it is our last night.
    Gaur Gopal Das

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024