1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Behind the Wheel Test

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by Geetha24, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have a drive test tomorrow..Any suggestion would be a great help.
    Regards,
    Geetha

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

These are some sure questions:

1. Hand signals
    2. The DMV person will ask you to point out the parking brake,defroster,horn,emergency flashers.

3. While changing lanes,look over your shoulder as well as the mirrors after putting the indicators on.
    4. All right turns,slow,stop completely before stop line ,then crawl,if road is clear ,then proceed.

These came to my mind instantly.Hope this helps.
    All the best.

3. Kriga

Kriga New IL'ite

Make sure you give right of way for pedestrians. Especially at signals, intersection make sure you look for pedestrians by turning your head all the way from right to left and then proceed.

Good luck!

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Steer smoothly at all times.
    Accelerate smoothly. Don't race the engine or make it stall.
    Stop the vehicle gently. Start braking well ahead of where you must stop to avoid sudden “jerks.” Know where to stop. Be aware of crosswalks. If your view is blocked at a crosswalk, move forward carefully and look both ways at the intersection..
    Always obey the posted speed limits. If needed, reduce your speed to adjust for existing weather, road, and other traffic conditions. Remember to turn on your lights if you need to use your windshield wipers in poor weather conditions.
    Know what the traffic signals mean and obey them at all times.
    Always use the proper lane. Turn from the correct lane into the correct lane.
    Signal for all lane changes and turns.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK.
    Love,

5. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

6. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Aru u taking exam in santaclara? I will also take my exam there. Please let me know your experience.

Regards
    srilak

7. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Yeah..I took it in santaclara... Everything went fine. I didn't even believe that I was not through, as I got more number of errors than allowed.:cry: .There wasn't any critical error.But I got errors in Gap/limit line,too short/wide, steering control on lane change, speed in the residential area like this.... Need to practice more and try next time.
    When are you planning to take?

Geetha

1 person likes this.
  8. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

I am sorry to hear that u didn't make it. I have my exam next week. I heared Santaclara DMV is the hardest place to pass drive test in one sitting. I also failed last time and this time like to pass. Lets see what will happen. I will post my experience. Keep practicing and take a date then next time u can make it.

Srilak.

9. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Today I also failed my behind the wheel drive test. I didn't do any mistakes but my examineer told I didn't stop in one of the stop sign so he thought that is the major critical mistake and he failed me. Next time, I don't like to book in this santaclara DMV. These people are so strict and if u do one small mistake also they will fail u. I am really desperate to get this licence and it seems like one big hurdle for me.

Regards
    srilak.

10. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hi Srilak,
    Don't worry. It happens.I hear the same issues from many others. the same critical error 'Not stopping at the stop sign'. I feel frustrated too. Even I thought of taking the test from some other DMV. But main issue is my trainer says that atleast you need to practice around that area for around 2 hours so that you will get used to that roads and during the test you will comfortable about the routes.
    When I failed my husband said 'Don't worry and think it is good for you as you will never forget these mistakes and you will never commit it again. It's good for your safety. It's not merely getting license but it's about our safety and life'.Though I was not in a mood to listen to all those that point of time ,later I felt what he said was very true.
    My learning permit ends by March 18th. I have booked my appointment on March 2nd. Not sure whether I will take it or not.

Regards,
    Geetha