1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bedsheet Or Bed Linen That Lasts A Generation.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosylife, Dec 24, 2018.

1. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Can someone advice me how to pick up a good bedsheet. I want a bedsheet that will last 70 years plus!! Is satin or cotton better? How long will a silk bedsheet last?

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Go with cotton . And I'm curious to know why you want something which would last for 70+ years. Was it a typo?
    Typically cotton one's are lasting for about 5 years max for me. I don't think even silk one's would last for that long. And personally sleeping on silk I'm not comfortable. Haven't used satin.

3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Go with a comforter which were available in satin to keep longer.

4. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Go with cotton. Silk type of bedsheets is not comfortable. Go with pure cotton bedsheets.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

That 70-year bedsheet is an aspirational goal. If there is anything real that can pass muster, that would be the mummy wrap of the future.
    The long lasting bedsheet is usually slept on by people who have good toenail clipping habits, and who always sleep on their backs.

Once there is sleeping on the belly habit sets in, the toe-nails start to dig into the bedsheets, and it is a life-span reducing struggle for the bedsheet.

There is yet another stressful event for a bedsheet: two people sleeping on the bed, and engage in some manner of subliminal fight to get under the covers. If there'd already been some toe-nail initiations of tear in the sheet, such fights usually tend to make it worse.

Go with the highest thread count per inch, if all of your life's passion is to be expressed on the bed; otherwise, go with a moderate priced one, that would demand toe-nail clipping every week.

Get rid of your bedsheets every few (5 or less) years, and buy new ones, if you can afford it.

Never tell anyone, let alone an internet forum audience, that you are sleeping on bedsheets that are decades old.

rosylife and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I loved the way you have put it.. :D

Amulet likes this.
  7. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for you response.. Actually I asked about bedsheet to use every day or month in a year. I want to keep it as a souvenir like how some people keep their wedding sarees or gowns.

I have come across cotton bedsheets with 300 thread count. Should I be choosing cotton or any other material?

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Ah...ha.
    Have you considered Kevlar fabric ?
    Alibaba is selling sheets/comforter set.
    However the MOQ is too high. When it comes down to one, you can get a set. Quite long lasting. And sturdy.

9. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I think I kind of know the reason OP want it to last for 70+ years ;). It doesn’t look like typo :tongueclosed:

Sunshine04 and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Silk bed sheets are really annoying though they are very pretty. As @Amulet already mentioned about toe nail issue, I have faced it myself with silk bed sheets. If at all you really want silk bed sheets use it for sometime and then you can use it as souvenir