bedding suggestions

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by anuvinay, Jun 18, 2012.

1. anuvinay

anuvinay Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies!!

I need a suggestion. Me and my husband stay in st albans. My in laws and my parents are coming here for a visit. we are staying in a one bedroom house. we both are not intrested in getting another bed for ourselves during that time, since it will take much of our space, eventhough the living room is big. Can anyone suggest something like foldaway mattress which is not very thick and easy to handle?

2. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

Hi!

Why cant you try for the guest foldable mattress, but it costs around 50 pounds i think, what about air bed? Will your inlaws or parents feel comfortable in sleeping in airbed? also you can use king size duvets with 15 tog and duvet cover makes you to feel like a flat bed.

Foldable mattress is available in various bedding mart, but its costly i think.

3. anuvinay

anuvinay Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are not planning for keeping my IL to sleep in fllor. That wont look good. My FIL is around 75 years. It was for me and my husband that i asked. My DH has got back pain bcoz of which he wont be able to sleep more than a week in floor otherwise he need a thick duvet/mattress. matress is costing almost 200pnds which we think is not worth for just 2-3 months.

I saw matress toppers in website. Any idea will that be a thick sturdy one?

4. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

HI Anu!

I have no idea about the mattress toppers, i think it will give only extra cushion in the bed and not in the floor, it wont be much comfort in the floor i am not very sure about this, sorry for that.

We have been in UK for the past two years and we are using only second hand mattress, which is quite good in quality, because we came in the deputation and we dont know when the project will over and dont know when to go back, so we didnt want to invest so much in bedding so that we both decided and got the second hand mattress, and no cot, since disposing is another headache here. I thought you also like this. Sorry I didnt mean to sleep the elders in the floor.

If you people are ok with the second hand one means, you can find it in any of the charity shop like YMCA or in the website Free Ads & Online Classifieds, Buy & Sell Classified Ads in United Kingdom | Friday-Ad.co.uk.

5. anuvinay

anuvinay Senior IL'ite

hey thanks a lot for the replies. We are in the same situation my DH is also in deputation mostly return this november, we dont want to invest more in any of the households. I will defenitely look for second hand matresses.