1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty tip for the day

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by rathi, Apr 12, 2005.

1. fazmila sabeer

fazmila sabeer New IL'ite

Re: Tips for a glowing face...

Hi friends, this is my simple and easy beauty tip for the day.Just apply almond oil and massage upward gently with your finger tips for about 5 mins.leave it for half an hour.wipe it off with a wet soft cloth.Do this atleast twice a weak.you will notify the difference within 1-2 months.While applying almond oil strickly avoid sunlight.This tip goes specialy for dry skin.

2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Tip for the day - Face mask for oily skin

Thank you so much for this helpful tip for oily skin.I have a super oily skin.One doubt is,can i do it regularly???
    Pls clear my doubt for me......................

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Re: Green Gram scrub

hi
    even i heard people telling this about kasturi manjal. but im using this daily for past 2 yrs. I am not feeling im becoming dark. people aslo says i will get wrinkles because im using kasturi manjal in powder form. They tell me it is good only if we use the rhizome (kilangu) not the powder. I've posted about this doubt earlier. but didnt get any response. hope i will get here atleast.

Regards,
    AVM

4. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    mash the banana and add little honey to it and apply on face.
    Wash after 20-25 minutes. Try this regularly for glowing skin.

Regards,
    AVM​

5. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

Besan for Beauty

Hi all,
    Hope this has not been posted early..

Besan for Beauty regime
    There is more to besan or gram flour besides making pakoras. It's a shampoo, face scrub and hair remover powdered into one.
    Gram flour or besan is considered safe enough to be used on an infant's head during their first head bath. It even finds its place in solah singhar or the 16 steps that a bride uses to adorn herself.It is also supposed to be an effective depilatory. Apart from the above, besan or gram flour has many more uses.

Skincare
    A complexion lightening mask
    Take four almonds with a teaspoon and a half of gram flour, a teaspoon of milk and four drops of lemon juice. Mix it and apply it on your face. Leave it on for the bleach to take effect.
    Take lemon juice, mixed with gram flour, milk cream and honey for dry skin. Replace milk cream and honey with sandalwood powder and curd for oily to normal skin. Apply it on your face to ensure a clear complexion.
    Add milk, rose water, carrot juice and cucumber juice to the above to remove freckles. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off.

A complexion revival mask:
    Mix together a teaspoon of gram flour with a pinch of turmeric powder, a few drops of lemon juice and half a teaspoon each of olive oil and milk. Apply it on your face. Remove after 10 minutes.

A face wash:
    Take a teaspoon each of turmeric powder, milk cream, sandalwood powder and besan. Use it daily.

Removing unwanted facial hair:
    Take a teaspoonful of gram flour and make a paste by mixing water in it. Apply it daily and scrub it off when dry.

Whitening the knees, neck and hands:
    Mix lemon juice and gram flour and apply it on the knees, hands and neck to whiten them.

A besan pack:
    Take one spoonful of besan, a pinch of turmeric (haldi), half a spoon of honey and half spoon of olive oil. Mix it well and apply.

A cooling mask:
    Take a spoonful of besan, two spoonfuls of curd. Mix well, and apply it on the face. Let it stay for half an hour and wash off.

For pimples:
    Add curd to gram flour to make a paste and apply it on the face. Completely rub it off before it dries. Repeat every two days. This is also good for removing blemishes.Make curd out of skim milk for oily skin.
    Warm some honey and add some besan to it. Apply this paste to your face. Wash with warm water after it dries.

For blemished skin:
    Add cucumber juice to some besan to form a paste. Apply it to the face and wash off after it dries. This will also tighten the skin pores. Besan for oily skin
    Make a thick paste out of curd and besan. Just apply it on your face and leave it to dry for a few minutes.

Besan for dry skin:
    Use full-cream milk instead of curd to make a paste with besan. Apply a mixture of the milk and gram flour onto your skin and leave to dry.
    To take care of chronically dry skin, mix a teaspoon of milk cream with gram flour and a teaspoon of honey and a pinch of turmeric. Apply this regularly on your face.

A skin glow mask:
    Soak tamarind root for some time. Grind and mix it with a little gram flour and apply it on your face, hands and other parts of your body. Your skin will have a golden glow after you wash this off after 10 minutes.

For healthy hair (all types):
    Mix a cup of curd, two teaspoons of besan, an egg white and the juice of half a lemon. If you have very dry hair, substitute the egg white with a teaspoon of olive oil.
    Body scrubs
    Mix together a tablespoon each of besan and corn flour. Use this mix to wash your face and body. This is an excellent scrub and will remove your dead skin cells, leaving you feeling clean and glowing.
    Mix some fresh cream and besan. Apply this paste on to your body. Avoid the area around the eyes, eyebrows and lips. Shower after five minutes. This will make skin smooth.

Unwanted facial hair:
    Apply a mixture of fenugreek powder and besan on the unwanted hair. Let it dry and rub off.
    Mix besan, milk and turmeric (you can add lemon juice and sandalwood powder) and apply on face. Let it dry and rub off in a circular motion.
    Mix besan, lemon juice and malai. Apply on areas with excess hair and rub off.

Face packs:
    For normal skin
    Mix two tablespoons of gram flour and four tablespoons of milk in a clean container. Apply this all over the face and the neck avoiding the area around the eyes and lips. Leave on for 10 minutes and then wash off.

For oily skin:
    Mix two tablespoons of honey with a teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of rosewater. Apply this all over the face, leave it on for about five minutes and wash off.
    For dry skin
    Mix a tablespoon of milk powder with a teaspoon of gram flour and two tablespoons of rose water. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off.

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

1 cup green gram dal
    1/2 cup bengal gram dal
    handful fenugreek
    1 tsp kastoori manjal
    little orange peel & lemon peel
    Dry these in the sun for an hour & grind it to a powder.

Make it to a paste with water & use it instead of soap.
    You will feel the difference.
    *application of Til oil just 15 mnts before bath will improve ur complexion too.

7. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

here goes my tip....

for natural bleach the best would be add egg white with fresh cucumber paste and apply on face.wash after 20 min.
    You will really see and fell the difference.

It worked for me :thumbsup

richa

8. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

tomato juice with honey also is a good idea

9. shehana

shehana New IL'ite

Re: Besan for Beauty

wow Reshmi...

u shared a lot tof tips.. most of thm i ve also read but u know damn lazy 2 do all these..alws i think of doin it.. wat abt u??u do all stuff?? or u 2 like me???

10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Green Gram scrub

A half teaspoon of Kasthoori haldi added to the same powder is very good.It gives the skin the extra glow too.Removes skin tan & adds complexion.