1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bapu is loving his b'day gift this time round

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by muzna, Oct 2, 2014.

1. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

"Been trying to contact you for so long..."
    "Busy, busy and tired too,"I said.
    "Out shopping again on my birthday...what did you buy me?"
    "Who says it was a holiday, It was the beginning of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan".

"That's nice to hear, what exactly did you do?"
    "Bapu now you are making fun of me, and I'm in no mood for the jest".
    Again a ringing laughter.
    "Okay I'll tell you , ghaas cheela."
    He looked in surprise,"You cut the grass".

"Yes".
    "Who got it done?"
    "Our new PM NaMo."

"What a name!"
    "Not really, its a chant for his followers".

"And it feels you are not one?"
    "Not exactly... I like the fact that he has a drive to work, but now its percolating down to us.... whole of my office was out. As if it was a competition."

"Is cleanliness a competition for you?"
    "But it is so funny when all start doing it in a go!"

"So that is the problem... let me tell you from my experience, when ever I had to start a new thought, I would ask people to get together and once there I would try to impress them with my thought process. Once when they took an oath together they would not back out, many might just stick thinking- what will the others think if I did not do my duty."

"Okay so you started the Oath Taking!"
    'Meaning?"
    "We all took an oath too regards this campaign. And I know from now on my meter will be always ON looking for filth and anybody who is creating IT".

"You know the oath is the best way, mostly the people are righteous and good, and this population generally sticks to the oath, as they take pride in it and will do whatever they can to fulfill it".

"You know Bapu, this is true, and I think our PM is aware of this".
    "I am feeling good listening to this all, somebody is taking my dream ahead in this country. BUT there are so many campaigns required to do away with the wrong practices our people have started like corruption or those that they could never do away with, like dowry. But now I'm hopeful for the future."
    "Now I'll leave as you are tired and need a good night's sleep. But we will meet soon.. I will love to get the new gen".
    "Bapu you too are learning new words".
    "Ha Ha Ha.... I'm loving IT...my Birthday gift I mean..when instead of the corruption a new work culture is percolating down".
    "We have time only till 2019...and no I'm not telling you anything as this will our surprise for you. Good night."

P.S."I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet."-Mahatma Gandhi