Bangloreans, need your help with skin care!!!

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by chennaiwoman, Jan 21, 2014.

1. chennaiwoman

chennaiwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi all! I am from chennai and my 20-year-old daughter is studying in Bangalore for the past 2 years. She has noticed very dry skin and scalp and is losing a lot of hair. How do you people really moisturize and take care of the skin and hair. Especially the hair, she has ended up with lots of dandruff which vanishes when she comes to chennai. Any tips and help will be greatly appreciated. She still has 3 more years to go in Bangalore. I am scared that she will lose all her hair by the time she comes back to chennai for good. Please help ladies???

2. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi ChennaiWoman,
    Bangaloe climate makes skin and scalp veyr dry.Your DD might not be having dandruff but dry scalp which is resultign in flakes.Thats whyit goes off when she comes to Chennai. Ask her to use a good moisturiser(Vaseline cocoa butter,dove cocoa butter and garneier body coccoon are a few l love in this weather).Ask her to apply it every day after bath and if possible to take an oil bath once a week.
    For scalp she may consult a dermatologist to make sure its not dandruff. I apply oil and massage for a good 5minutes,leaves it for half an hour or so and then washes of with shampoo followed by conditioner. This helps to keep my scalp moisturized.

3. chennaiwoman

Thanks amihere for your advice. Will surely tell my daughter about this. I am planning to visit a dermatologist here in chennai, anyway. Thx again.

4. chennaiwoman

Thanks amihere for your advice. Will surely tell my daughter about this. I am planning to visit a dermatologist here in chennai, anyway. Thx again.