1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ban of mobiles in tamilnadu- schools.

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Shanvy, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

An welcome ban has been posed on bringing/using of schools in Tamilnadu.
    Tamil Nadu's answer to cyber crime in classrooms is to ban mobile phones in all government and private schools.

There is a mixed reaction to the same...

Students too are furious with the decision.

''We as students are mature enough to know where to draw a line and know what's good or bad,'' said a student.

The only voices in support of the ban came from school authorities.

''I welcome this decision. Mobile phones in classrooms are very distracting. It disturbs cognitive thinking and is not good for students as they cannot concentrate,'' said Dr Nalini Ravindran, Principal, National Public School.

But most of the parents fear that given the growth of crime rate in the city, a complete ban on the use of mobile phones in schools may not be a wise decision.

I would suggest that there be payphones either coin ones/card ones in all school premises..and some coins be given to your ward everyday.

Another point to be noted...the punishment has not been defined..it is left open...

2. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

A Welcome move by Government of Tamilnadu, the ban has been already in force in Karnataka some weeks back.
    There may be some difficulites in the initial stages and one who wants to communicate with parents can access the PCO's provided in the educational institutions.

Subbu

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Not a single school in Punjab allows use of Mobile Phones in School,they are banned and i think it is right to certain extent because growing children don't know what is wrong or right gfor them.They want to do whatever they want and some use to destroy their carrer and future on this path.Same applies on use of cell phones.It has several advantages but all of us moght have noticed that Genx is using it for other purposes more like increase cases of **** mms in school.At this stag eof their life they will oppose this decision but they will realise it's effect sooner or later on their life(When they will be parents of youngsters who will ask for a cam cell at the age of 12).Govt should impose ban on their use.Because what a child id going todo with cell in school,just show off and as my mom use to say the child that start showing off his good clothes or accessories,he will stop showing good academic result as his whole interest will divert toward it.so,it's duty of not govt. but parents to check thier kid's unnecessary wants.