1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Back to Comparison And Warning Bells - Read This Story!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 5, 2006.

1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Sridhar,
    As usual a pleasant story carrying a good message!
    Whenever I come to post a reply I am getting stuck in the posts and their replies.You always come with women's problems or some thing related to women! Even though women have some bad habits like this comparing etc, eventually you could bring her respond towards the reality of life. Women have the heart that melts easily seeing sufferings of people around us.
    Malathy is an ordinary woman, with all the women special attitude, but she is obviously an inevitable one in her family, whom their family depends for many things. We can't blame Rupa also if she gets a chance like this , some times her mind would have been changed. It gives the conclusion, circumstances create the person?

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Vandhana,
    So nice of you Vandhana sharing your experiences in Dharavi slums! This is first time I hear some body is talking about the visit to such places.It is really interesting to read. Have read a lot about this place in many novels and stories. Didn't understand clearly what you have written in Tamil, any way I remember the sayings of a friend, who lives in Mumbai, used to wash legs with dettol after coming home during rainy season.
    Thank you,

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Good Story !

Dear Varalotti,

It was a nice story that you posted this time. Following the heat of earlier Comparison thread, this was just the right story !

I think there is a 'Malathi' in every women at varying levels. I feel, Her comparison with Roopa and getting every item for her home, was more of a "I too have it" attitude and a show off to her society !...She was doing things to satisfy and please others more than herself in all those comparison episodes. However towards the end, her thought to get the plumber fix up a bathroom for himself, was more of a deed that satisfied herself.

Her home has more of Roopa's taste than hers now ! If not now, at a later stage, she might have regrets that she had not built her home to her liking but to someone's liking and taste !

Definitely the satisfaction that malathy got out of giving that money to the plumber, she wouldn't have got it had she built that bathroom matching her sister's and it wouldn't have ended there, tomorrow Roopa might have something new and malathi's longing for it would have continued ......

I only hope now Roopa compares her attitude with Malathi's and changes herself for good too !

A good story with a good lesson to be learnt at the end !

Love,
    Preethi

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    yes, you are right. I do not look upon my sister and try to understand her. After all, she worked from the time she was 18 to give us all education. She is the eldest in the family and had done so much for us. We other siblings just try to brush off her Roopa type comments, remembering how she had helped us all. But I have t tell you, she makes all of us feel very bad at the end of her visit. We are afraid that she may end up a bitter person when she gets old.