1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Baby shower culture

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ponraj12345, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Ponraj12345

Ponraj12345 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to attend one of friend's baby shower. I 've never been to this event before and therefore would like to get some info. Do I need to give gifts during shower as well as the baby's arrival. I am planning to get some nice outfits for the baby (I know the baby's gender) and planning to give the same during baby shower. What should I give them after delivery or just a visit should be fine?

Also, do you think it's ok to present outfits before delivery. I am confused. Please help.

Thanks,

2. priya gerald

priya gerald New IL'ite

Hi,
    Usually in USA the culture is you give gifts for the baby shower and the visit the baby when delivered. The couple has a gift registry and they register the things they usually need for the baby.
    Bye

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ponraj,

You can give the gifts at the baby shower and then a visit after the delivery would be fine...

Hope this helps,
    Aarushi

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

There is nothing wrong with presenting outfits if you know the baby's gender. Just make sure to get stuff in sizes that are a bit big (say 3-6 months or 6 months). Else the baby may grow out of the NB size very quickly. It will also be a good idea to include a gift receipt so they can exchange if they got one too many of the same kind or did not quite like the color.

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can take gifts/gift cards.Along with it taking some fruits or home cooked food for the lady looks good.