1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Disturbed Sleep At Night

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Asw, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Asw

Asw Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    My baby is 10 months now. She has trouble sleeping at night. She is asleep only by breastfeeding. On good days, she wakes up every two hours for breastfeeding. On worst days, she wakes up every 30 minutes, sits and cries,I feed her, when I put her down she again cries and wakes up. She sleeps continuously for one hour only by early morning time.

First six months was okay. She would wake up every 3 hours, feed and sleep.

But now, it is getting very tough. Friends, if you have some information to help/share please suggest.

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Possibility 1: Your baby is not getting enough milk in the night, so, she gets tired after breast feeding but is not full - so she wakes up within 2 hours as she feels hungry
    Solution: Try feeding her with outside milk or proper dinner in the night, 10 months is old enough to sleep through the night

Possibility 2: She has wet herself and wakes up
    Solution: Take her to toilet before sleep - start off the toilet training process, and then use a diaper in the night... (There are many washable reusable diapers available)

Possibility 3: Bright lights & sounds in the night, too much excitement, visitors very close to bed time, screen time close to bed time, uncomfortable clothes or bed sheet
    Solution: Have a routine, bath, comfortable clothes... the home should be calm, quiet, no TV, no screens for at least 2 hours before bed time. Be with her while she falls asleep, hug her and stay till she is sleeping deeply

Possibility 4: Nose block (or stomach discomfort)
    Solution: Steaming to clear the nasal path (or take care of diet for stomach discomfort)

Enjoy this stage! You will be missing it before long
    Keep smiling
    HR

3. Asw

Asw Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your detailed suggestions. :)