1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby bath

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vatsi, Dec 15, 2005.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Baby baths - equipment, techniques, tips...

Hi Friends,

After getting the exact name from Raj, i googled got this product which seems to good. Thought let me share with all.

One Step Ahead Baby - Shampoo Visor

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, here's your answer for your question on where to get these visors (from the thread in Toddlers forum about hair washing.) So here you go...

Thanks, gokusha.

Raj

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Exactly what i was talking about - do you think it would work for you Raj? Now i wish someone would come up with something to dry a toddlers hair without him screaming murder :)

V.

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

I am not sure, Vanathi. I am thinking of buying a cheapo visor from a dollar store and try it on her before investing money on this. She doesn't like anything on her head, a hat, hair clip or a scrunchie.... aarrgghhh :spin

Raj

5. Sri09

Sri09 Senior IL'ite

head bath - infants

My daughter is 2 months now. How many times/week should I wash her head? What to use for head bath? What is the best way?

6. Riya007

Riya007 Senior IL'ite

Re: head bath - infants

Hi Sri,

I wash my son's head everyday. I used Johnson's Baby tip to toe for head as well as body.

Here in Australia, we get like a support thing to place inside the baby bathtub so that baby can rest on it, it is like slant sitting. it makes it easier to wash his hair and body.

Riya

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Sri, at two months, we washed Riya's hair every other day (it was winter). We used Johnson's baby bath. My mother was here at that time, so she used to give Riya her baths. After my mom left we got a bathtub for Riya that would fit in the kitchen sink and I would give her a bath using the kitchen sprayer.

This is the tub we used. It fits perfectly on a kitchen sink and once the baby gains head control, you can sit her up on the toddler side and also use it on the floor (in the adult bath tub).

Raj

P.S. - I have merged your thread with an already existing thread on bath tips and techniques. Please read through this thread to see what we have discussed in the past.

8. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

hi...

i heard some aged people saying that if u bath baby with extremely hot water baby will have nice sleep. but i dont agree with this. i feel that doing so will create nerves problem in future. do u ppl have any idea or experience in this if so kindly share it.

regards
    anitha

9. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Extremely hot water is bad for babies as the body may loose all the moisture. My grandmother did mention that pouring a bit of warm water on the eyes at the end of the bath will help the child to sleep better. We did it under the supervision of a massage lady for sometime, and now that I bathe my baby I hardly do all this.

If the child is fed properly, he/ she will sleep in no time. Also if the child is partially hungry before the bath and cries too much, he gets tired by the time the bath is done and sleeps well after feeding. Just a suggestion.

Regards,
    Lynette

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  10. arunasairam

arunasairam Bronze IL'ite

Re: Not to worry..

Ami ,

Is there a need to apply Talc after bath ? That is after applying oil when the body is wet and wipe it clean . Can we apply Almond Oil instead of baby Oil and wipe it clean? Please let me know if its advisable to apply talc after bath ?